Personnel: Terry Snyder (lead, d), Jimmy Nottingham, Doc Severinsen, Jimmy Maxwell (tp), Urbie Green, Dick Hixson (tb), Romeo Penque, Phil Bodner, Stan Webb, Bernie Kaufman (woodwinds), Moe Wechsler, Bernie Leighton, Buddy Weed (p), Al Caiola, Tony Mottola, Allen Hanlon (g), Bob Haggart, Frank Carroll (b), Don Lamond, Sol
Gubin (d), Ted Sommer, Willie Rodriguez, Joe Venuto, Eddie Costa, Arthur Marotti (perc)
· Collector's Edition · Issued in Digipack · 2 Original LPs on 1 CD · Original Cover Art and Liner Notes · Stereo Recordings · Newly Remastered in 24-Bit
These two albums were created by Terry Snyder, and recorded in 1960 and 1961 by Ultra Audio Records—the ultimate in stereophonic sound—with you, the listener in mind. This is moving Sound, high fidelity, and the apex in recording as presented by a true master in the field.
In order to achieve the imaginative and creative new sounds he was looking for, Snyder called upon some of America’s most brilliant arrangers, including Stu Phillips and Joe Lipman, who along with his fellow musicians, and the best recording engineers, helped him create the most exciting percussion albums ever recorded.
Mister Percussion and Footlight Percussion, are a thrilling musical experience, framed by brass and woodwinds, with startling arrangements and outstanding displays of brilliant musical sounds, played expertly by Terry Snyder and the All Stars.
01. Puttin' On the Ritz (Irving Berlin) 1:55
02. Softly As in the Morning Sunrise (Romberg-Hammerstein II) 3:13
03. The Man I Love (G. & I Gershwin) 3:14
04. Get Out of Town (Cole Porter) 2:52
05. Deep Night (Henderson-Vallee) 2:28
06. Colonel Bogey [March] (Kenneth J. Alford) 2:38
07. Once in a While (Edwards-Green) 2:52
08. Ev'rything I've Got (Rodgers-Hart) 2:15
09. Out of This World (Arlen-Mercer) 3:01
10. Binga, Banga, Bongo (Terry Snyder) 2:36
11. Picnic (Allen-Duning) 2:13
12. Oye Negra (Morales-Camacho) 2:38
13. Everything’s Coming Up Roses (Sondheim-Styne) 2:28
14. Till There Was You (Meredith Wilson) 2:08
15. Make Someone Happy (Styne-Comden-Green) 2:33
16. The Gentleman Is a Dope (Rodgers-Hammerstein II) 2:32
17. Anything Goes (Cole Porter) 2:09
18. Lullaby of Broadway (Warren-Dubin) 2:39
19. If I Were a Bell (Frank Loesser) 2:37
20. Guys and Dolls (Frank Loesser) 1:59
21. The Sound of Music (Rodgers-O.Hammerstein II) 2:53
22. I Could Have Danced All Night (Loewe-Lerner) 2:37
23. Bali Hai (Rodgers-O.Hammerstein II) 3:18
24. Give My Regards to Broadway (George M. Cohan) 2:33
Tracks #1-12, from the album “Mister Percussion” (United Artists WWS 8500)
Tracks #13-24, from the album “Footlight Percussion” (United Artists WWS 8508)
Personnel on “Mister Percussion”:
Terry Snyder, leader & drummer; Jimmy Nottingham, Doc Severinsen, trumpets; Urbie Green, trombone; Romeo Penque, Phil Bodner, Stan Webb, Bernie Kaufman, woodwinds; Moe Wechsler, Bernie Leighton, piano; Al Caiola, Tony Mottola, Allen Hanlon, guitar; Bob Haggart, bass; Don Lamond, drums; Ted Sommer, Willie Rodriguez, Joe Venuto, percussion.
Personnel on “Footlight Percussion”:
Terry Snyder, leader & drummer; Jimmy Maxwell, trumpet; Urbie Green, Dick Hixson, trombones; Stan Webb, Phil Bodner, woodwinds; Buddy Weed, piano, celeste; Tony Mottola, guitar; Frank Carroll, bass; Sol Gubin, Ted Sommer, drums; Eddie Costa, Arthur Marotti, Willie Rodriguez, percussion.
Recorded at Fine Sound Studios, New York City, in 1960 and 1961
Recording Engineer: Bob Fine
Mastering Stereo: George Spiros
Original recordings produced by Don Costa.
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
Stereo · 24-Bit Digitally Remastered
Blue Moon Producciones Discograficas S.L.