Total time: 96:18 min.
01. If I Should Lose You (Rainger-Robin)
02. Illusao (Clare Fisher)
03. Sausalito (João Donato)
04. Otem A Note (Clare Fisher)
05. Pensativa (Clare Fisher)
06. Silk Stop (João Donato)
07. Sambinha (Bud Shank)
08. Caminho De Casa Road Home (João Donato)
09. Serenidade (Clare Fisher)
10. Joao (Clare Fisher)
11. Aquarius (Donato-Mello)
12. Samba Da Borboleta (Clare Fisher)
13. Samba Do Aviao (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
14. Gostoso (Clare Fisher)
01. Un Abraco No Bonfa (João Gilberto)
02. Autumn Leaves (Prevert-Kosma)
03. Minha Saudade (Gilberto-Donato)
04. Elizete (Clare Fisher)
05. Misty (Erroll Garner)
06. Tristeza En Mim (Tavares-Guimaraes)
07. Que Mais? (Clare Fisher)
08. It Was Night (Jobim-Mendonça)
09. Samba Guapo (Clare Fisher)
10. Ela E Carioca (Jobim-De Moraes)
11. Sambou Sambou (João Donato)
12. Wistful Samba (Clare Fisher)
13. O Barquinho (Menescal-Bôscoli)
14. Once I Loved (Jobim-De Moraes)
CD-1 (#2,5,10,12) and CD-2 (#5,7,9,14)
Bud Shank, alto sax; Clare Fisher, piano; Ralph Pena, bass; Larry Bunker, vibes & drums; Bob Neel, drums; Milt Holland, Frank Guerrero, percussion.
CD-1 (#1,4,7,9,12) and CD-2 (#2,4,13)
Bud Shank, alto sax & flute; Clare Fisher, piano & organ; Joe Pass, guitar; Ralph Pena, bass; Larry Bunker, vibes & drums; Milt Holland, Chuck Flores, percussion.
CD-1 (#3,6,8,13) and CD-2 (#1,3,6,8,11,14)
Bud Shank, alto sax & flute; João Donato, piano; Rosinha de Valença, guitar; Sebastião Neto, bass; Chico Batera, drums.
CD-1 (#11) and CD-2 (#10)
Bud Shank, flute; Rosinha de Valença, guitar; Sergio Mendes, piano; Sebastião Neto, bass; Chico Batera, drums.
All tracks recorded in Los Angeles, between 1962-1965
"Sax and flute man Bud Shank was every bit as involved in the blossoming of bossa nova during the early 1960s as was Stan Getz. Released in 2000, Ubatuqui's 28-track retrospective Bossa Nova Years draws upon four albums recorded and released between 1962 and 1965. Most of the material comes from the Pacific Jazz/World Pacific catalog, and was originally released on the LPs Bossa Nova Jazz Samba, Brasamba! Bossa Nova, and Bud Shank & His Brazilian Friends. A couple of tunes were pulled from the Capitol Sergio Mendes album Brasil '65, a project that was greatly enhanced by the presence of Bud Shank, a cool character whose laid-back sensibilities made him a natural for bossa nova.
This music may serve as the perfect soundtrack for cruising, carousing, lounging, swimming, sunbathing, smoking, playing cribbage, drinking exotic chilled beverages, and pigging out on fresh fruit and spicy entrees. Or you might want to just lay there and groove to it."
Arwulf Arwulf -All Music Guide