01. You've Changed (Carey-Fischer) 3:17
02. Embraceable You (I. & G. Gershwin) 4:32
03. You Won't Forget Me (Goell-Spielman) 4:43
04. I Loves You Porgy (I. & G. Gershwin) 4:53
05. Left Alone (Holiday-Waldron) 5:01
06. Every Time We Say Goodbye (Cole Porter) 3:15
07. The Thrill Is Gone (Henderson-Brown) 4:01
08. The Man I Love (I. & G. Gershwin) 4:32
09. Get Out of Town (Cole Porter) 3:42
10. Still We Dream (Ugly Beauty) (Ferro-Monk) 5:18
11. Goodbye (Gordon Jenkins) 4:23
Total time: 47:53 min.
Carme Canela (vocals), Joan Monné (piano).
Recorded at Estudis Laietana, Barcelona, July 2017
Sound engineer: Jordi Vidal
Mixed & mastered by Ferràn Conangle
Photos by May Zircus
Produced by Carme Canela & Joan Monné
Executive producer: Jordi Pujol
"It has been awhile that we have wanted to record in this minimalistic format, a duet; simple but complex at the same time. We wanted to do it by interpreting ballads, which is one of the things we most enjoy. We have chosen compositions that move us, both because of their musical beauty as well as, in most cases, their profound lyrics. And we have prepared them for you, in our own way, without much arrangement, almost raw. This is how we like to express ourselves, using melodies and harmonies that are true jewels. It’s like preparing a dish with good ingredients in an essential way, without sauces or sophisticated cookeries, so as to appreciate the true taste of the organic material. We hope you enjoy listening to this music as much as we did cooking it."
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!