Ethan Iverson (p), Reid Anderson (b), Jorge Rossy (d)
Bar code: 8427328420464
4**** by All Music Guide
1. What The Kraken Knows (E.Iverson)- 6:11
2. Jorge's Bolero (E.Iverson)- 5:03
3. New Chimes Blues (E.Iverson)- 2:59
4. Mystique (E.Iverson)- 6:28
5. Hullabaloo (E.Iverson)- 5:19
6. 3-D Montevideo (E.Iverson)- 4:11
7. In Memoriam (E.Iverson)- 5:16
8. The Inevitable Wall(E.Iverson)- 4:51
Recorded in New Jersey, 1998
Comments / Reviews:
"Upon reading Ethan Iverson's highly intelligent yet good-humored liner notes to this fine album, one is already acquainted with an artist of great sensitivity and imagination. The music doesn't at all disappoint. Accompanied by Reid Anderson on bass and Jorge Rossy on drums, Iverson sketches rich and varied piano portraits from the slow, ominous groove of "What the Kraken Knows" to the multimetric frenzy of "Hullabaloo 2" and the abstract, shifting ensemble configurations of "In Memoriam."
Along with its sister CD, Deconstruction Zone (Standards), this record reveals Iverson as a musician of uncommon depth and personality.
By David R. Adler (All Music Guide)