01. Chicago, That Toddling Town (Fred Fisher) 6:08
02. Gravy Waltz (Ray Brown) 4:05
03. Cherokee [Indian Love Song] (Ray Noble) 4:19
04. One O'Clock Jump (Count Basie) 5:53
05. Bossa Nova De Funk (Willie Maiden) 5:36
06. Whisper Not (Benny Golson) 6:30
07. Take The "A" Train (Billy Strayhorn) 2:44
08. At the Sound Of The Trumpet (Ferguson-Maiden) 4:41
09. Maine Bone (Mike Abene) 2:59
10. Watermelon Man (Herbie Hancock) 2:19
11. Danny Boy (Traditional) 3:50
12. Groove (Oliver Nelson) 2:52
13. Country Boy (Bill Holman) 3:58
14. We've Got A World That Swings (Mattis-Brown) 2:22
15. Naked City Theme (Billy May) 2:31
16. Blues For A Four String Guitar (Elmer Bernstein) 2:27
17. I'm Getting Sentimental Over You (Bassman-Washington) 3:12
18. New Hope (Don Rader) 2:44
19. Come Blow Your Horn (Van Heusen-Cahn) 2:40
20. Antony And Cleopatra Theme (Alex North) 2:31
Total time: 75:53 min.
Tracks #2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11 & 17, from the album
"The New Sounds Of Maynard Ferguson And His Orchestra" (Cameo C-1046)
Tracks #1,6,12,13,14,15,16,18,19 & 20, from the album
"Come Blow Your Horn" (Cameo C-1066)
Maynard Ferguson (trumpet, valve trombone, French horn), Rick Kiefer, Dusko Goykovich, Nat Pavone (trumpets), Don Roane, Kenny Rupp (trombones), Lanny Morgan (flute, alto sax), Willie Maiden, Frank Vicari (tenor saxes), Ronnie Cuber (baritone sax), Mike Abene (piano), Roger Kellaway (piano on #13,14 & 16), Linc Milliman (bass), Rufus Jones (drums).
Harry Hall (trumpet), Tony Inzalaco (drums), replaces Kiefer and Jones on #1,6,12,13,14,16,18 & 19
Willie Rodriguez & His Rhythm added on #10
Arrangements by Willie Maiden (2,5,8,10,11,14,17), Mike Abene (1,3,6,9), Don Sebesky (4,7,15,20), Oliver Nelson (12,16), Bill Holman (13), Don Rader (18), Al Cohn (19).
All tracks recorded in Long Island, New York, 1964
Sound engineer: William E. Blachly
Recording Supervisor: Rudy Traylor
Liner notes for this reissue written by Mike Baillie
Original sessions produced by Dave Edelman
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
Stereo · Digitally Remastered
Blue Moon Producciones Discograficas S.L.
"The sound was not all that new but the label was as Maynard Ferguson and his orchestra, which had just concluded a long association with Roulette, switched briefly to Cameo. The big band was still in prime form, playing both swing standards and originals with power, swing and spirit. In addition to Ferguson's screaming trumpet, altoist Lanny Morgan, Willie Maiden and Frank Vicari on tenors, baritonist Ronnie Cuber and pianist Mike Abene are heard from prominently while Abene, Maiden and Don Sebesky contribute most of the arrangements. These hard-to-find recordings are worth the search."
Scott Yanow —All Music Guide