Hazel Scott (p), Everett Barksdale (g), Sandy Block (b), Jimmy Crawford (d)
Reference: FSRCD 497
Bar code: 8427328604970
Though Hazel Scott (1920-1981) earned a great deal of her fame for swinging the classics from a red hot keyboard, her talents extended far beyond the realm of crass showmanship and she reached the other extreme, that of warm, delicate and intimate jazz playing. This album presents this lesser known side of Miss Scotts musical personality, and the resulting music creates a mood which is relaxing and richly romantic, particularly suited for round midnight.
01. 'Round Midnight (Monk-Williams-Hanighen) 3:12
02. Just Imagine (DeSylva-Brown-Henderson) 3:19
03. It's You Or No One (Styne-Cahn) 2:44
04. It's Easy To Remember (Rodgers-Hart) 3:04
05. Lucky To Be Me (Bernstein-Comden-Green) 2:36
06. Maybe (G. & I. Gershwin) 3:10
07. I Wish I Didn't Love You So (Frank Loesser) 3:23
08. (In The) Wee Small Hours (Of The Morning) (Mann-Hilliard) 3:24
09. Warm All Over (Frank Loesser) 3:25
10. Love Is The Thing (Washington-Young) 3:06
11. Ev'ry Time (Martin-Blane) 3:06
12. For You, For Me, Forevermore (G. & I. Gershwin) 3:06
Total time: 38:26 min.
All tracks originally issued as 12" Hi-Fi album Decca DL 8474
Hazel Scott, piano solos, with rhythm accompaniment
Everett Barksdale (guitar); Sandy Block (bass); Jimmy Crawford (drums).
Recorded in New York City, December 27, 1956 (#3,4,8) and January 11, 1957
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!