Frank Strazzeri (p), John Heard (b), Lawrence Marable (d)
Reference: FSRCD 5031
Bar code: 8427328650311
A solid pianist long based in the Los Angeles area, Frank Strazzeri has been in demand for straight-ahead sessions for decades. Strazzeri worked with Charlie Ventura (1957-1958) and Woody Herman (1959), before settling permanently in Los Angeles in 1960. He became a studio musician, appeared on many sessions and worked with the who's who of West Coast jazz. Strazzeri had opportunities to tour with Joe Williams and Maynard Ferguson, and was with Les Brown's big band from 1971-1974. Among his other musical associations have been Terry Gibbs, Herb Ellis, the Lighthouse All-Stars, Art Pepper, Bud Shank, Cal Tjader, Louie Bellson, and Chet Baker, among many others, in addition to working with his own trios. As a leader, Strazzeri has headed sessions for Revelation, Glendale, Sea Breeze, Catalyst, Discovery, and Fresh Sound.
01. Tin Tin Deo (Luciano "Chano" Pozo)
02. Kelo (J.J. Johnson)
03. Funk In A Deep Freeze (Hank Mobley)
04. All Or Nothing At All (Altman-Lawrence)
05. Summer Serenade (Benny Carter)
06. Main Stem (Duke Ellington)
07. Glad To Be Unhappy (Rodgers-Hart)
08. T'Ain't No Use (Al Cohn)
09. You're Blasá (Hamilton-Sievier)
10. You're A Lucky Guy (Chaplin-Cahn)
Recorded at Sage & Sound Studios, Hollywood, May 23, 1991
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!