Bar code: 8427328424394
01. Granito de sal (Javier Patricio Pérez) 4:19
02. Ana e eu (Lenine) 4:38
03. Rosa morena (Dorival Caymmi) 4:35
04. Marta (Joan Manuel Serrat) 6:19
05. Lucille (Frank Zappa) 5:42
06. Te recuerdo Amanda (Víctor Jara) 5:21
07. Julia (Lennon-McCartney) 3:43
08. El testament d'Amèlia (Cançó Popular Catalana) 4:52
09. Pannonica (Monk) 5:31
10. La Pomeña (Castilla-Leguizamón) 5:37
11. Beatriz (Lobo-Buarque) 4:07
Total time: 55:00 min. approx.
Carme Canela (vocals), Joan Monné (piano), Marko Lohikari (bass), David Xirgu (drums).
Recorded at Estudis Laietana, Barcelona, April 19 & 20, 2013
Engineered & mastered by Jordi Vidal
Photos by Carles Roche
Produced by Carme Canela and Joan Monné
Executive Producer: Jordi Pujol
"Vull dedicar Granito de sal a la memòria del gran Gato Pérez que cap allà
als anys 80 em va dedicar aquesta perla. ¡Va por ti, Gato!"
"The Internet informs me that Carme Canela is over 50 years old and has been singing professionally for more than three decades, so it must be assumed that her appearance as new talent is an attempt to broaden her audience. The most obvious link with jazz is a fine rendition of uncredited English lyrics to Monks Pannonica. Otherwise the eclectic repertoire (including Julia by Lennon and McCartney) underlines what Ive gleaned - that she doesnt see herself as purely a jazz singer. Nevertheless the excellent backing trio is clearly working within the jazz idiom and Carme-la combines musicality and emotion in a delightful manner, with moods and tempos nicely varied [...]"
Graham Colombé -May, 2014
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!