Chocolate Armenteros, Adalberto Trompetica Lara, El Negro Vivar (tp), Pucho Escalante, Modesto Echarte (tb), Celso Gómez, Armando Verdecia (sax), Héctor El Ñato Alejo (p), Oscar Valdés, Guillermo Barreto, Papito Hernández (perc) and Israel López Cachao (b
This CD release includes the complete albums "Trombón majadero" (Areíto, 1965, tracks #1-12) and "Ritmo"(Kubaney LP, 1960, tracks #13-23)
Includes a comprehensive 20-page booklet.
Personnel: Featuring "Chocolate" Armenteros, Adalberto "Trompetica" Lara, "El Negro" Vivar (tp); Pucho Escalante, Modesto Echarte (tb), Celso Gómez, Armando Verdecia (sax); Héctor "El Ñato" Alejo (p), Oscar Valdés, Guillermo Barreto, Papito Hernández (perc) and Israel López "Cachao" (b), among others.
"Even though this CD includes a brilliantly arranged melange of musical genres, the true highlight remains the exquisite piano, bass, sax, trumpet, percussion and trombone improvisations. These recordings give more than ample proof of the trombone's capacity to sing as a melodically expressive instrument." - Helio Orovio, Havana, September 2006.
1. Turi (Arturo Sandoval)
2. Luna De Miel En Guamá (Arturo Sandoval)
3. Claudia (Jesús "Chucho" Valdés)
4. Blues En Dos Partes (Arturo Sandoval)
5. María (Leonard Bernstein)
6. ¿Qué Vas A Hacer El Resto De Tu Vida? (Michel Legrand)
7. Lamento Borincano (Rafael Hernández)
8. Como Llora Una Estrella (Antonio Carrillo)
9. Te Quiero (Augusto Algueró)
10. A Mi Manera (Paul Anka)
11. Penélope (Joan Manuel Serrat-augusto Algueró)
12. Almendra (Abelardito Valdés)
13. Aguas De Marzo (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
14. Rabo De Nube (Silvio Rodríguez)
15. La Bikina (Rubén Fuentes).
Total Time: 77:22 min.
This CD is part of an exquisite new collection from Malanga Music, established with the purpose of uncovering outstanding rare material by legendary figures in the history of Cuban music. This material had been previously locked away in the vaults collecting dust, but two years of extensive investigation in Havana's Areíto studio archives have brought these gems to light.
All these CDs have been digitised directly from the original masters, and many of them have never been previously released on CD! These editions also boast 16 or 20-page comprehensive booklets featuring previously unissued photos and texts in both English and Spanish, written by important Cuban musicologists and journalists.