Bar code: 8429916900174
Hard to find Toni Solà recording debut as leader, finally available. Really a collector's item and a must have for Modern Mainstream fans.
A job emerged from the collaboration of saxophonist Toni Solà with the trio of Ignasi Terraza. There, Tonis saxophone, with a warm and sensual sound, will gradually seducing us with his serenity and lyricism.
Accompanied by a magnificent Ignasi Terraza trio who shows, with elegance and authority, a wide range of stylistic resources. We can advise in this record this groups sweet moment, emphasized by the maturity and training reached after three months of playing the show Jazz a les fosques on a daily basis, just before this recording.
The repertoire, consisting of little known standards, surprise us nailing the proposal.
Night falls, the silence is imposed, the time has come to hear the night sounds.
01. End Of A Love Affair (Redding) 4:30
02. You've Changed (Fisher-Carey) 5:13
03. Just In Time (Comden-Green-Sly) 4:24
04. Quintessence (Quincy Jones) 5:31
05. Beautiful Love (Young-King-Van Alstyne-Gillespie) 4:57
06. My Romance (Rodgers-Hart) 4:52
07. Afternoon In Paris (Lewis) 4:28
08. Ciao, Ciao (Turrentine) 5:26
09. Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me (Ellington-Russell) 3:44
10. When Sunny Gets Blue (Fisher-Segal) 4:30
11. Night Sounds Blues (Solà) 6:01
Total time: 53:06 min.
Toni Solà (tenor sax & soprano sax), Ignasi Terraza (piano), Manuel Alvarez (bass), Oriol Bordas (drums).
Recorded at Auditori Pau Casals, El Vendrell, Tarragona, Spain, January 13 & 15, 2000
Recording engineer: Xico Sarasúa
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!