Sue Raney (vcl), Tom Ranier (p, cl), Larry Koonse (g), Trey Henry (b), Dick Weller (d), Carmen Fanzone (flh), Gayle Levant (harp), Karolina Naziemiec (viola), Assa Drori, Michael Markman (violins), John Walz (cello)
Reference: FSRCD 5504
Bar code: 8427328655040
01. Christmas Lady (Shreve) 2:58
02. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Pola-Wyle) 2:33
03. A Christmas Love Song (A. & M. Bergman-Mandel) 4:32
04. The Christmas Waltz (Cahn-Styne) 3:02
05. A Marshmallow World (Sigman-DeRose) 3:025
06. Christmas Time Is Here [From a Charlie Brown Christmas] (Mendelson-Guaraldi) 2:53
07. Silver Bells (Livingstone-Evans) 3:10
08. White Christmas (Berlin) 2:36
09. I’ll Be Home for Christmas ( Gannon-Kent) 3:30
10. Merry Christmas, Darling (Carpenter-Pooler) 2:27
11. We Need a Little Christmas (Herman) 1:59
12. The Christmas Song (Tormé-Wells) 3:18
13. Silent Night (Mohr-Gruber) 3:04
All songs arranged by Tom Ranier, except #8 by Gayle Levant
Total time: 40:00 min. approx.
Sue Raney (vocals), accomapnied by
Tom Ranier (piano, clarinet), Larry Koonse (guitar), Trey Henry (bass), Dick Weller (drums), Carmen Fanzone (flugelhorn), Gayle Levant (harp), Karolina Naziemiec (viola), Assa Drori, Michael Markman (violins), John Walz (cello).
Recorded at Tritone Studios, Glendale, California, June 27 & 28, 2016
Mixed & mastered: Telley Sherwood
Production assistance provided by Marlene Hankes
Photography & graphic design: Alan Mercer
Production supervisor: Carmen Fanzone
Excecutive producer: Jordi Pujol
Stereo · 24-Bit Digitally Remastered
I have always wanted to do a Christmas album, because it is my favorite time of year. I decided it should be a Traditional Christmas CD, filled with the songs that are familiar to us all, and that we only get to hear once a year.
The title song “Christmas Lady”, although unknown, was written by Dick Shreve (a wonderful musician and pianist) many years ago for his wife, Wendy… who truly was the Christmas Lady.
I thank all of the superb musicians on this CD. I had worked with Tom Ranier many times before, and always loved singing with him, but we had never recorded together. He brought wonderful fresh ideas to the arrangements, and played piano beautifully, as he always does. I especially liked singing with the lovely harpist, Gayle Levant, and her arrangement of White Christmas. I was so fortunate to have Larry Koonse, Trey Henry and Dick Weller. They are outstanding, talented musicians, and added so much to this project. I feel so lucky to be able to record for Fresh Sound and Jordi Pujol, and am truly grateful to our dear friend, Marlene Hankes, for her devotion, love and support.
So here’s to another holiday season with songs we all know and love so well, and how happy it made me to sing them.
Dedicated in loving memory of Carmen Michael Fanzone