Joan Chamorro (b, bs, ts), Magalí Datzira (vcl, b), Andrea Motis (vcl, tp, as), Eva Fernández (vcl, as), Rita Payés (vcl, tb), Ignasi Terraza (p, Hammond organ), Josep Traver (g), Esteve Pi (d)
Reference: JJ14008 CD
Bar code: 8437014576030
'La Màgia de la Veu' is a new project in which the voice is the main instrument that pays tribute to four great singers: Magalí (Billie Holiday), Eva (Dinah Washington), Andrea (Sarah Vaughan) and Rita (Ella Fitzgerald).
«It is my wish, for those who didn't know the vocal jazz, that through this work and these young voices they become curious about and begin a journey of discovery of what may be a source of inmense pleasure: Billie, Ella, Dinah, Sarah and other many voices, male and female, are waiting for them.»
01. Desafinado (Jobim) 3:55
02. Jim (Caesar-Petrillo-Ross) 5:23
03. After You've Gone (Layton-Creamer) 3:40
04. On A Sentimental Side (Burke-Monaco) 4:00
05. What Is This Thing Called Love (Porter) 3:02
06. Stars Fell On Alabama (Parish-Perkins) 4:54
07. How Deep Is The Ocean (Berlin) 4:24
08. East Of The Sun (Bowman) 4:01
09. Lady Sings The Blues (Nichols-Holiday) 5:18
10. I'll Remember April (De Paul) 4:07
11. Poor Butterfly (Hubbell) 5:09
12. Mad About The Boy (Coward) 4:55
13. Ain't Misbehavin' (Waller) 2:25
14. I Remember Clifford (Golson) 6:34
15. Night And Day (Porter) 3:52
16. Gloomy Sunday (Seress) 4:06
17. How High The Moon (Lewis) 3:37
Total time: 72:00 min. approx.
Magalí Datzita (vocals, bass), Andrea Motis (vocals, trumpet, alto sax), Eva Fernández (vocals, alto sax), Rita Payés (vocals, trombone), Joan Chamorro (bass, baritone & tenor sax), Ignasi Terraza (piano, Hammond organ), Josep Traver (guitar), Esteve Pi (drums).
Joan Monné (arrangements on #1,3,5,7,8,10,15,17).
Recorded at Auditori Pau Casals, El Vendrell, Tarragona, 2014
Recording engineers: David Casamitjana, Albert Surià, Adrià Vidaña
Edition, mixing & mastering by CODA Produccions Musicals
Sound engineers: Josep Roig, Eric Roldan
Produced by Jazz to Jazz & Joan Chamorro
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!