01. Yardbird Suite (Parker) 4:05
02. An Emotional Dance (Terraza) 3:37
03. We'lle Be Together Again (Fischer-Laine) 3:17
04. Apartment 512 (Montoliu) 4:54
05. Alfonsina y el Mar (Ramírez-Luna) 6:44
06. Love For Sale (Porter) 4:40
07. Body and Soul (Eyton-Green-Heyman-Sour) 6:29
08. Stella By Starlight (Young-Washington, arr. Van den Brink) 5:09
09. Historia de un Amor (Almarán) 5:39
10. Jo Vull Que M'Acariciis (Montoliu) 3:02
Total time: 56:00 min. approx.
Ignasi Terraza (piano), Bert van den Brink (piano).
Recorded on two Fazioli 228 Grand Piano's Model C with DPA4006 microphone's and a DAD AX32 converter at the Fazioli shop in Utrech, Evert Snel shop, on January 9th 2016
Mixed and mastered at DutZ-Studio
Sound engineer: Gé Bijvoet
Design & additional photography: Fernando Prats
Cover photo: David Cid
Produced by Ignasi Terraza & Bert van den Brink
Executive producer: Miriam Guardiola
A concert for two pianos / four hands. A singular encounter between two musician with sympathetic voices and styles, who share classical traning, boundlessly imaginative improvisation, and a common ground in the language of jazz, plus a unique view of the world afforded by blindness.
Dutchman Bert van den Brink, a legend of European jazz, stands out for his many years of work with singer Dee Dee Bridgewater and with guitar and harmonica legend Toots Thielemans. Van den Brink has recorded piano duets with Enrico Pieranunzi and Clare Fischer.
Ignasi Terraza won first price in the 2009 Jacksonville Jazz Piano Competition and has performed in festival throughout Europe, Asia and America. His extensive discography includes 20 recordings under his name and with a long list of collaborators such as Frank Wess, Jesse Davis and Bobby Durham.