Eva Fernández (vcl, saxes), Joan Chamorro (saxes, b), Andrea Motis (tp, vcl on #6), Scott Robinson, Dick Oatts (saxes), Ignasi Terraza (p), Josep Traver (g), Esteve Pi (d). Guest Víctor Correa (tb), Curro Gálvez (b), Sant Andreu Jazz Band
Reference: TR1392 CD
Bar code: 8436021023766
This second CD of "Joan Chamorro Presenta" is one more thing that makes me proud of my work. Eva Fernández is a musician since I met her, at age 7. She has always showed outstanding ability and sensibility. Her 'Petite Fleur' in the Sant Andreu Jazz Band's first CD, with her friend Andrea Motis, has moved me a lot of times and has made me feel proud of her. Her alto sax sound is clean and powerful, and her work as a lead of the saxophone section is brilliant.
Eva is a soprano, alto and baritone saxophonist as well as clarinetist. On this record we can enjoy her good work with the soprano and alto saxophones, but what really stands out is her voice, which has a characteristic and special timbre that she modulates depending on what she wants to communicate. Her performer and jazz musician condition also allows her to express all sort of melodies in a different way.
01. These Foolish Things (Jack Strachey) 4:10
02. Comes Love (Sam H. Stept) 6:09
03. Cry Me a River (Arthur Hamilton) 5:03
04. B.A. Blues (Johnny Hodges) 5:06
05. Whisper Not (Benny Golson) 4:37
06. Cheek to Cheek (Irving Berlin) 3:26
07. Souvenir (Benny Carter) 3:47
08. Just Friends (John Klenner) 4:48
09. My Ideal (Richard Whiting) 4:59
10. My Favorite Things (Rodgers-Hammerstein) 6:06
11. Im Fool to Want You (Wolf-Herron) 3:23
12. Georgia on My Mind (Ray Charles) 4:06
13. Old Folks (Willard Robison) 3:46
Total time: 59:00 min. approx.
Eva Fernández (vocals, alto & soprano sax), Joan Chamorro (bass, tenor & baritone sax), Andrea Motis (trumpet, vocal on #6), Scott Robinson (tenor sax), Dick Oatts (alto sax), Ignasi Terraza (piano), Josep Traver (guitar), Esteve Pi (drums). Guest: Alba Esteban (as), Jaume Ferrer, Carlos Vazquez (ts), Víctor Correa (tb), Curro Gálvez (b) on #8, Sant Andreu Jazz Band on #12.
Arrangements: Joan Chamorro, Joan Monné (#5), Alfons Carrascosa (#8)
Recorded by Josep Roig & David Casamitjana
Auditori Pau Casals, El Vendrell, August 29, 2013
Sant Andreu Teatre, Barcelona, May 20, 2013
SGAE, Barcelona, May 24 & 25, 2013
Mixed & mastered by CODA Produccions Musicals, Josep Roig & Joan Chamorro
Produced by Jazz to Jazz & Joan Chamorro
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!