Eduard Ferrer, Iscle Datzira, Eva Fernández, Jaume Ferrer, Irene Reig (sax), Juli Aymí (cl), Andrea Motis (tp, as, vcl), Pablo Fernández, Martí Ibáñez, Josep Maria Farràs, Pepe Robles (tp), Ricard Gili (tp, vcl), Dani Téllez, Eva Garín (tb), Raúl Castro (tuba, tb), Dani Alonso (tb, vcl), Sergi Vergés (tuba), Marc Martín, Ignasi Terraza (p), Carla Motis, Josep Traver (g), Magalí Datzira, Jan Rodríguez, Curro Gálvez (b), Arnau Julià, Alex Ferrer (d), Clara Sallago (vcl), Joan Chamorro (dir)
Bar code: 8436021021182
"The Sant Andreu Jazz Band is a dream come true. It is the result of sharing my passion for jazz with its members (most of whom are between 10 and 16 years old), of believing that they can do as well or better than me, of feeling like the most advanced student rather than the teacher, and of not putting limits on their abilities.
The band was formed in 2006, in the heart of the Escola Municipal de Música de Sant Andreu. Since then it has gradually developed into what it is today: a large, open musical group that is constantly evolving."
“These young people are very lucky to have someone like Joan Chamorro. It is hard to find someone who can teach people to play with so much heart and with such a wide range of musical forms. They play everything with confidence, from the oldest sounds to swing. I am incredibly impressed. I will tell everyone about these young people when I get to New York.”
01. Cute (Neal Hefti) 3:05
02. Some Of These Days (Shelton Brooks) 5:51
03. Basin Street Blues (Spencer Williams) 4:23
04. China Boy (Winfree-Boutelje) 5:21
05. Splanky (Neal Hefti) 3:15
06. When You're Smiling (Fisher-Goodwin-Shay) 2:35
07. Tiger Rag (Nick La Rocca) 3:58
08. In A Sentimental Mood (Duke Ellington) 5:00
09. Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans (De Lange-Armstrong) 3:17
10. Bill Bailey (Hughie Cannon) 2:02
11. Careless Love (W.C. Handy) 6:22
12. Shiny Stockings (Frank Foster) 3:09
13. Petite Fleur (Sidney Bechet) 2:59
14. The Sheik Of Araby (Smith-Wheeler-Snyder) 4:12
15. Black And Tan Fantasy (Duke Ellington) 5:22
16. That's A Plenty (Lew Pollack) 5:05
17. You Need To Rock (Johnny Hodges) 4:20
18. Turtle Walk (Lou Donaldson) 1:45
Eduard Ferrer, Iscle Datzira, Eva Fernández, Jaume Ferrer, Irene Reig (saxes), Andea Motis (trumpet, alto sax, vocals), Pablo Ferández, Martí Ibáñez (trumpets), Dani Téllez, Eva Garín (trombones), Raúl Castro (tuba, trombone), Marc Martín (piano), Carla Motis (guitar, banjo), Magalí Datzira, Jan Rodríguez (bass), Arnau Julià, Alex Ferrer (drums).
Guests artists: Dani Alonso (trombone, vocals in all tracks, solo on #4,14,16), Juli Aymí (clarinet on #7,15,16), Josep Maria Farràs (trumpet on #14), Curro Gálvez (bass on #6), Ricard Gili (trumpet, vocals on #3,15), Carlos Martín (trumpet, trombone), Pepe Robles (trumpet on #2,4,11), Clara Sallago (vocals on #6,9), Ignasi Terraza (piano on #2,8,9), Josep Traver (guitar on #3,6), Sergi Vergés (tuba on #2).
Joan Chamorro & Montse Jorba (musical direction)
Recorded at Jazz Club Café Vienès, Hotel Casa Fuster, Barcelona, June 21, 2009
Recording engineers: David Casamitjana
Mixed & mastered by Josep Roig & Dani Alonso at Estudi Temps Record
Graphics by David Berzal
Photography: Julio Cunill, Lili Bonmatí
Produced by Joan Chamorro & Dani Alonso
The DVD is in PAL system, which is used in many countries but not in the United States. Anyway, it can be played on a computer.
Camera operators: Jordi Cabestany & Ramon Tort
Graphic design: David Berzal
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!