Reference: 82876 63905 2
Bar code: 828766390520
01. Nina Never Knew (Drake-Alter) 2:31
02. Speak Low (Nash-Weill) 4:10
03. Midnight Sun (Hampton-Burke-Mercer) 3:48
04. On Green Dolphin Street (Washington-Kaper) 3:40
05. Save Your Love for Me (Johnson) 3:08
06. On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever) (Lerner-Lane) 3:19
07. West Coast Blues (Montgomery) 4:02
08. Days of Wine and Roses (Mancini-Mercer) 3:15
09. Good Life (Distel-Reardon) 3:36
10. Oh!! Gee!! (Gee) 3:02
Originally issued as RCA Victor LSP-3652
Dynagroove Stereo Recordings
Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis, tenor sax; Ross Tompkins, piano; Les Spann, guitar; Russell George, bass; Chuck Lampkin, drums; Ray Barretto, conga drum.
Recorded in RCA Victor's Studio B, New York City, June 20 & 21, 1966
Produced by Brad McCuen
Recording engineer: Mickey Crofford
Ray Barretto appears through the courtesy of United Artist Records
"The tenor saxophonist is in superb form as he interacts with Les Spann, Ross Tompkins, Ray Barretto, bassist Russell George, and drummer Chuck Lampkin. Each of the ten pieces is brief and to-the-point with the focus almost exclusively on the leader. The mix is kind of strange, as Tompkins is barely audible much of the time, though any listener will automatically be drawn to the leader's powerful sax."
Ken Dryden -All Music Guide
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!