Reference: SA 010
Bar code: 8427328450102
The Black Key is the last studio CD by this fresh group. Trombonist Ramon Fossati and the up-and-coming tenor sax of Toni Solà, are backed by the serious rhythm work of pianist Ignasi Terraza trio, introducing a set made of musical complicities that takes profit of a wise combination of standards and originals. This quintet is a rich and virtuous project featuring the same spirit that in the 50s was moving Art Blakey or Horace Silver, among others, to reincorporating in his music the key that had been giving force and identity to the afroamerican culture. This way leads today to Fossati, Solà and Terraza to submerge in the Blues, the Gospel or the New Orleans marching bands sounds to enrich its speech with new experiences, meeting again a fascinating tradition.
01. Six Times Ten (Terraza) 4:56
02. But Not For Me (Gershwin) 4:58
03. Collectif Ming (Fossati-Brandily-Bronner) 10:13
04. In Walked Horace (Jonhson) 4:13
05. Silom Village (Solà) 4:05
06. Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans (Alter-Delange) 3:48
07. The Black Key (Fossati-Terraza) 4:43
08. Sweetie Cakes (Wilkins) 4:38
09. La Copa Rota (Terraza) 8:15
10. Blues 326 (Terraza) 4:31
Total time: 54:20 min.
Ramon Fossati (tb); Toni Solà (ts); Ignasi Terraza (p); Jules Bikoko (b); Jean Pierre Derouard (d).
Recorded in Barcelona on May 13, 2008
Executive producer: Jordi Pujol