Tony Scott (cl), Dick Garcia (g), Gene Quill (as), Bill Evans, Terry Pollard (p), John Drew, Bill Anthony, Jerry Bruno (b), Frank Isola, Camille Morin (d)
Reference: DCD 108
Bar code: 8427328441087
Special Collector's Edition
· Complete Sessions
· Original artwork and liner notes
· Hi-Fi Recordings
· Newly Remastered
01. Have you Met Miss Jones? (Rodgers-Hart) 2:49
02. If I'm Lucky (Darwin-Girard) 3:56
03. Kimona My House (Dick Garcia) 3:40
04. I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire (Durham-Seiler-Marcus-Benjamin) 3:26
05. The Deacon (Dick Garcia) 2:45
06. Stompin' at the Savoy (Sampson-Goodman-Webb-Razaf) 2:12
07. Like Someone in Love (Burke-Van Heusen) 5:19
08. Potatoes (Dick Garcia) 3:16
09. It Could Happen to You (Burke-Van Heusen) 5:19
10. Ev'ry Night About this Time (Koehler-Monaco) 2:51
Total time: 35:50 min.
All tracks originally issued on Dawn DLP-1106
Personnel on #1,4 & 8:
Tony Scott (clarinet), Dick Garcia (guitar), John Drew (bass), Camille Morin (drums).
Personnel on #2,5,6 & 9:
Gene Quill (alto sax), Terry Pollard (piano), Dick Garcia (guitar), Bill Anthony (bass), Frank Isola (drums).
Personnel on #3,7 & 10:
Bill Evans (piano), Dick Garcia (guitar), Jerry Bruno (bass), Camille Morin (drums).
All sessions recorded in New York City, 1956
Original sessions produced by Chuck Darwin
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
24-Bit · High Resolution Remastering
"Electric guitarist Dick Garcia taught himself the instrument at the age of nine before ever taking any lessons. He played with Tony Scott's quartet in 1950, then worked until the mid-'50s with Charlie Parker, George Shearing and Joe Roland. Garcia again played and recorded with Scott in 1955, also recording with Milt Buckner, Lenny Hambro and his own bands, while also recording with Johnny Glasel and Bobby Scott. Garcis continued into the '60s touring and recording with Shearing and Kai Winding."
Ron Wynn -All Music Guide