Bob Gordon Memorial
Bob Gordon (bs), Herbie Harper (tb), Jimmy Rowles (p), Harry Babasin (b), Roy Harte (d), Jack Montrose (ts), Paul Moer (p), Joe Mondragon (b), Billy Schneider (d)
01. Jeepers Leapers (McDougal) 5:12
02. Five Brothers (Mulligan) 2:12
03. Herbstone (Harper) 2:58
04. Summertime (G.& I.Gershwin) 3:01
05. Jive At Five (Edison) 4:17
06. Meet Mr. Gordon (Montrose) 2:34
07. Modus Operandi (Montrose) 3:45 *
08. Two Can Play (Montrose) 2:24
09. What a Diference a Day Makes (Grever-Adams) 3:34
10. Onion Bottom (Montrose) 3:25
11. Tea For Two (Youmans-Caesar) 3:04
12. Two Can Play (Montrose) 2:27 *
13. For Sue (Montrose) 3:44
14. Love Is Here To Say (G.& I.Gershwin) 2:21
Tracks #1-5, from the 10" album "Herbie Harper Quintet" (Nocturne NLP-1)
Tracks #6-14, from the 10" album "Meet Mr. Gordon" (Pacific Jazz PJLP-12)
Tracks #1-5: Bob Gordon (baritone sax), Herbie Harper (trombone), Jimmy Rowles (piano), Harry Babasin (bass), Roy Harte (drums).
Recorded at Gold Star Studio, Hollywood, February 1954
Tracks #6-14: Bob Gordon (baritone sax), Jack Montrose (tenor sax), Paul Moer (piano), Joe Mondragon (bass), Billy Schneider (drums).
Arrangements by Jack Montrose.
Recorded at Radio Recorders Studio, Hollywood, on May 6 (#6,7,10,11), and May 27 (#8,9,12,13,14), 1954
Nocturne recordings engineered by Stan Ross
Session produced by Harry Babasin & Roy Harte
Pacific Jazz recordings engineered by Val Valentine
Session produced by Dick Bock & Roy Harte
Photos by William Claxton & Dave Pell
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
(*) On the original 10" PJLP-12 the tracks "Two Can Play" and "Modus Operandi" were switched in error.