The Candoli brothers, Pete and Conte, have combined their exceptional trumpet playing talents to produce an exciting big band-small jazz combo, which we can hear in this CD. Backed by four rhythm headed up by master pianist Lou Levy, the brothers make constant use of the best notes and harmonies for the horns. This is evidenced by their interpretations of 'Take the "A" Train,' 'Willow Weep For Me' and 'Doodlin'.'
The Candolis have put together a repertoire which features their respective talents as well as showing off their individual personalities.
01. Frankie And Johnny (Traditional) 4:21
02. Nature Boy (Eden Abnez) 4:03
03. Drumette (Pete Candoli) 3:40
04. Fascinating Rhythm (George Gershwin) 3:27
05. Sometimes I'm Happy (Youmans-Caesar) 3:53
06. Summertime (George Gershwin) 6:44
07. Moped (Pete Candoli) 4:00
08. Doodlin' (Horace Silver) 7:07
09. Willow Weep For Me (Ann Ronell) 5:46
10. Take The "A" Train (Duke Ellington) 3:41
11. Blue 'N' Boogie (Gillespie-Paparelli) 3:53
12. Love Your Magic Spell Is Everywhere (Goulding-Janis) 3:18
13. Ah-Leu-Cha (Charlie Parker) 7:19
Tracks #1-7, from the album "Pete Candoli -From the Top" (Dobre DR-1023)
Tracks #8-13, from the album "Pete & Conte -The Candoli Brothers" (Dobre DL-1050)
Conte Candoli, Pete Candoli (trumpet, flugelhorn), Lou Levy (piano), Joe DiOrio (guitar on #8-13), Fred Atwood (bass), John Dentz (drums).
Recorded at the Gold Star Recording Studios, Hollywood, California, November 1978
Recording engineer: Don Snyder
Liner notes by Conte Candoli
Photography by Joe Shimada
Recordings originally produced by Expression Sound, Inc.
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
Stereo · 24-Bit Digitally Remastered
Blue Moon Producciones Discograficas S.L.