Reference: FSRCD 5028
Bar code: 8427328650281
01. Ray's Idea (Fuller-Gillespie) 5:28 - Chet Baker
02. Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me
(Russell-Ellington) 3:44 - Cootie Williams
03. Jive At Five (Edison) 5:11 - Harry "Sweets" Edison
04. Easy Street (Jones) 5:36 - Harry James
05. Caravan (Tizol) 5:41 - Bunny Berigan
06. Nostalgia (Navarro) 7:38 - Fats Navarro
07. Little Jazz (Eldridge-Harding) 6:01 - Roy Eldridge
08. Stockholm Sweetnin' (Jones) 6:20 - Clifford Brown
09. You're A Lucky Guy (Cahn-Chaplin) 4:53 - Louis Armstrong
10. Rockin' Chair (Carmichael) 7:31 - Bix Beiderbecke
11. Tune Up (Vinson-Davis) 6:40 - Miles Davis
12. Serenade To Sweden (Ellington) 3:53 - Dizzy Gillespie
Total time: 68:40 min.
Conte Candoli (trumpet); Jan Lundgren (piano); Chuck Berghofer (bass); Joe LaBarbera (drums).
Recorded at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, October 1 & 2, 1999
Engineered & mixed by Jim Mooney
Second engineer: Jimmy Hoyson
Mastering engineer: Joe Sidore
Liner notes: Alun Morgan, Dick Bank
Photography: Stan Levey, Eddie Bert, John Reeves, Walter Camden
Design: Heidi Fireder / ArtHead
Producer: Dick Bank
Producer for CD release by Jordi Pujol
Note: These versions are interpretations and are note intended to replicate the original recordings
"This is another wonderful recording documenting the trumpet artistry of another great trumpet legend. Conte plays with elegance, skill and a tone that is so distinct. The label fresh sounds had done it again to only produce the best in jazz. Conte is a Ray Brown to trumpet players, he is so versatile and has been recording with only the best in the business. To have a solo album featuring Conte you are guaranteed to get the best quality in jazz you can listen to. Conte you are a true legend and this cd is a real gem. This this cd before it gets deleted."
Allan (5*****) -Amazon.co.uk
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!