01. Ornithology (Harris-Parker) 6:08
02. Blues for Alice (Charlie Parker) 5:26
03. Segment (Charlie Parker) 5:26
04. Ko Ko (Charlie Parker) 4:05
05. Yardbird Suite (Charlie Parker) 6:12
06. Marmaduke (Charlie Parker) 6:07
07. Steeplechase (Charlie Parker) 8:22
08. The Hymn (Charlie Parker) 5:25
09. Klact-Oveeseds-Tene (Charlie Parker) 4:17
10. Donna Lee (Charlie Parker) 4:10
11. Bird Feathers (Charlie Parker) 4:55
12. Kim/Country Gardens/Sign Off (Grainger-Parker) 4:40
Total time: 65:13 min.
Lanny Morgan (alto sax), Lou Levy (piano), Tom Warrington (bass), Paul Krebich (drums).
Recorded at Sage & Sound Studio, Hollywood, September 30 & October 1, 1997
Recording & mixing engineer: Jim Mooney
Assistant engineer: Don Mooney
Mastering: Joe Sidore
Liner notes: Alun Morgan & Dick Bank
Photography: Stan Levey, Lou Kuntz, James J. Kriegsman & Ruth Morgan
Design: Heidi Frieder / ArtHead
Producer: Dick Bank
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
Blue Moon Producciones Discograficas S.L.
"Records led by altoist Lanny Morgan are always well-worth acquiring because he is a brilliant bebop soloist. For this quartet outing with pianist Lou Levy, bassist Tom Warrington, and drummer Paul Kreibich, Morgan performs a dozen songs composed by Charlie Parker. Although no new revelations occur, it is nice to hear such obscurities as "Segment," "Marmaduke," "Steeplechase," and "Kim" revived and played in extended versions that are often five to eight minutes long. Morgan knows this material backwards and really sounds like he lives the music, adding his own ideas to the classic material. A special bonus is the extended liner notes and a very colorful historical booklet that comes with the CD."