Eddie Higgins (p), Dave Poskonka (b), Jack Noren (d)
Reference: PS 010 CD
Bar code: 8427328400107
Eddie Higgins has headed his own trio at several leading Chicago night clubs for many months. Some of the best musicians of the area have played with him (Junior Mance, Johnnie Pate, Bob Cranshaw). He recorded with Coleman Hawkins, Don Goldie, Al Grey, Lee Morgan, Bill Henderson, Wayne Shorter, Jack Teagarden, Sergio Mendes. "Prelude to a Kiss" is is first work as leader.
01. A Night In Tunisia (Gillespie-Paparelli) 4:30
02. Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe (Arlen-Harburg) 5:01
03. I'm Gettin Sentimental Over You (Bassman-Washington) 4:06
04. Prelude To A Kiss (Ellington-Mills-Gordon) 6:29
05. Tangerine (Schertzinger-Mercer) 4:40
06. Strike Up The Band (George Gershwin) 3:43
07. Over The Rainbow (Arlen-Harburg) 5:26
08. I'll Keep Loving You (Bud Powell) 4:30
09. You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To (Cole Porter) 3:05
10. Spring Is Here (Rodgers-Hart) 5:56
11. Between The Devil And The Deep (Arlen-Koehler) 4:52
Total time: 52:00 min. approx.
Originally issued on a 12-inch album as "The Eddie Higgins Trio"
(a.k.a. Prelude to a Kiss) on Replica Records (#1009)
Eddie Higgins (piano), Dave Poskonka (bass), Jack Noren (drums).
Recorded at Replica Studio in Des Plaines, Illinois, September 1957
Produced by Hill Huck
Liner notes: Eddie Higgins
Cover photograph by Serge Seymour
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!