Arturo Sandoval, Chucho Vadés, Hilaro Durán, Javier Zalba, Carlos Averhoff, Modesto Echarte
This CD release includes the complete albums "Turi" (Areíto LP, 1981, tracks #1-6) and "Arturo Sandoval"(Areíto LP, 1982, tracks 7-15).
Includes a comprehensive 20-page booklet.
Arturo Sandoval was accompanied on both recordings by his group & the EGREM Latin-Jazz Orchestra, which boasted such superlative soloists as: Chucho Valdés, Hilario Durán (p); Javier Zalba, Carlos Averhoff (sax, cl, fl); Modesto Echarte (tb); Carlos Emilio Morales, Ahmed Barroso (g); Jorge Reyes, Carlos del Puerto (b); Enrique Plá, Bernardo García (d); Jorge "El Niño" Alfonso, Oscar Valdés, Emilio Del Monte (perc).
"These recordings showcase a lesser -known side of Arturo Sandoval's multi-faceted brilliance. His tone is lush, and his phrasing of the popular Latin canción form is impeccable. One of the most fiery performers and technical virtuosos of his instrument, this album brings out Sandoval' s sensitive side, displaying his ability to play more with less." - María Elena Mendiola, Havana, September 2006
01. Turi (Arturo Sandoval)
02. Luna De Miel En Guamá (Arturo Sandoval)
03. Claudia (Jesús "Chucho" Valdés)
04. Blues En Dos Partes (Arturo Sandoval)
05. María (Leonard Bernstein)
06. ¿Qué Vas A Hacer El Resto De Tu Vida? (Michel Legrand)
07. Lamento Borincano (Rafael Hernández)
08. Como Llora Una Estrella (Antonio Carrillo)
09. Te Quiero (Augusto Algueró)
10. A Mi Manera (Paul Anka)
11. Penélope (Joan Manuel Serrat-augusto Algueró)
12. Almendra (Abelardito Valdés)
13. Aguas De Marzo (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
14. Rabo De Nube (Silvio Rodríguez)
15. La Bikina (Rubén Fuentes).
Total Time: 77:22 min.
This CD is part of an exquisite new collection from Malanga Music, established with the purpose of uncovering outstanding rare material by legendary figures in the history of Cuban music. This material had been previously locked away in the vaults collecting dust, but two years of extensive investigation in Havana's Areíto studio archives have brought these gems to light.
All these CDs have been digitised directly from the original masters, and many of them have never been previously released on CD! These editions also boast 16 or 20-page comprehensive booklets featuring previously unissued photos and texts in both English and Spanish, written by important Cuban musicologists and journalists.