Dizzy Gillespie, Arturo Sandoval (tp), James Moody (ts), Paquito D'Rivera (as), Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Danilo Perez (p), Airto Moreira, Giovanni Hidalgo (perc), United Nations Orchestra
Bar code: 8436006494499
"Trumpet great Arturo Sandoval's acceptance into the top tier of international jazz circles led to his close friendship with legendary bebopper Dizzy Gillespie, and paved the way for the latter musician's several visits to Cuba. Around this same time a new pianist by the name of Gonzalito Rubalcaba was just entering the Cuban jazz scene. Rubalcaba garnered immediate respect from the Cuban jazz community for his highly personal musical style, the likes of which had never been heard before. It was on one of Dizzy's trips to Cuba, that he and Rubalcaba first met, and an immediate friendship was struck, based on mutual respect."
-María Elena Mendiola, 2006
01. SWING LOW, SWEET CADILLAC (Dizzy Gillespie) 12:21
02. THE BLUES (Lalo Schifrin) 12:55
03. A NIGHT IN TUNISIA (Dizzy Gillespie) 15:00
04. GEE BABY, AIN'T I GOOD TO YOU (Rodman-Gillespie) 7:18
Total Time: 47:38
01. BLUES WALK (Dizzy Gillespie) 8:01
02. LAND OF MILK AND HONEY (Dizzy Gillespie) 13:29
03. CON ALMA (Dizzy Gillespie) 9:45
04. MANTECA (Chano Pozo) 14:34
05. TIN TIN DEO (Chano Pozo-Dizzy Gillespie) 10:04 *
06. A NIGHT IN TUNISIA (Dizzy Gillespie) 13:00 *
Total Time: 68:54
(*) Bonus Tracks
CD 1, "Dizzy Gillespie y Arturo Sandoval en Vivo" (Areito LD-4271)
CD 2, #1-4: "Dizzy Gillespie y Gonzalo Rubalcaba en Vivo" (Areito LD-4172)
CD 2, #5-6: Bonus Tracks
Personnel on bonus tracks:
United Nations Orchestra under the direction of Dizzy Gillespie, featuring:
Dizzy Gillespie, Arturo Sandoval (tp); James Moody (ts), Paquito D'Rivera (as), Danilo Perez (p), Airto Moreira, Giovanni Hidalgo (perc).
Recorded Live in Belgrade, October 1990.
Includes a 20-page comprehensive booklet with photos and liner notes in English and Spanish.