Bar code: 8427328480017
01. I'm Through With Love (Livingston-Malneck-Kahn) 5:09
02. Love Walked In (G. & I. Gershwin) 6:54
03. Imagination (Van Heusen-Burke) 7:03
04. You're Driving Me Crazy (Donaldson) 4:13
05. Golden Earrings (Young-Livingston-Evans) 6:07
06. Stella By Starlight (Young-Washington) 4:10
07. Three On One (Jones) 5:55
08. Dancing On The Ceiling (Rodgers-Hart) 5:30
09. Who Cares? (G. & I. Gershwin) 4:49
10. All The Things You Are (Kern-Hammerstein) 4:31
11. A Dandy Line (Montrose) 3:55
Total time: 58:00 min. aprox.
Félix Rossy (trumpet, cornet), Michael Kanan (piano), Ben Street (bass), Jorge Rossy (drums).
Recorded by Pete Rende at Mike Kanan's studio in New York City, on August 2010
Mixed by Pete Rende at Pete rende's studio.
Mastering by Randy Merrill at Masterdisk, New York.
Produced by Jorge Rossy & Jordi Pujol
"This is Félix Rossy's debut recording as a leader. It may seem unusual for such a young person (17 at the time of this writing) to have chosen an older repertoire such as the one found on this disc. But questions of style, experience, even age, seem irrelevant when considering Félix's playing.
He performs here with such authority and beauty because he plays with total honesty and integrity in every note. Through his early training with his father, the great pianist, composer, and drummer Jorge Rossy, he learned from the very beginning to use his ears, and to trust his instincts.
Everything that Félix plays is absolutely him. Many musicians go a lifetime without reaching this degree of sincerity. Félix has many years ahead of him to learn different styles, different techniques, different approaches to music. But he will always know who he is, enabling him to play with love, a free imagination, and a complete lack of competitiveness.
All of Félix's strengths are evident on this recording: lyricism, warmth, swing, an adventurous spirit, all wrapped in a beautiful tone. This disc represents his first steps in developing what I believe will be a truly unique and important voice in Jazz."
-Michael Kanan (Brooklyn, 2011)
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!