Reference: 74321 14466 2
Bar code: 743211446224
01. Pan, Amore y Cha Cha Cha (Cugat-Matas) 2:17
02. Take It Easy (Taylor-Mizzy) 3:23
03. Noche De Ronda (Be Mine Tonight) (Skylar-Lara) 3:58
04. Too Marvelous For Words (Mercer-Whiting) 2:26
05. Nightingale (Cugat-Rosner-Wise) 2:38
06. Oyeme Mama (Rivero) 2:20
07. Whatever Lola Wants (Adler-Ross) 2:29
08. Arrivederci Roma (Sigman-Rascel) 3:17
09. Green Eyes (Utrera-Menéndez) 2:48
10. Anna (Vatro-Engvick-Giordano) 2:31
11. The River Seine (La Farge-Robert-Holt) 2:51
12. Babalu (Russell-Lecuona) 2:31
Total time: 34:00 min.
Originally issued as RCA Victor LPM/LSP-1554
Living Stereo Recordings
Abbe Lane, sings in all tracks, accompanied by Tito Puente and His Orchestra
Recorded in 1957
Photography: David B. Hecht
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
"Be Mine Tonight pairs sexpot singer Abbe Lane with mambo maestro Tito Puente and his orchestra for a lively, colorful Latin jazz-inspired release that follows the stylistic blueprint of her long tenure with bandleader husband Xavier Cugat. Compared to the absurdly carnal approach of Lane's subsequent albums in tandem with arranger Sid Ramin, this is a relatively serious, straightforward affair, with an intriguing and broad selection of material that spans from "Nightingale" to "Whatever Lola Wants" to "Babalu" -Puente's high-octane arrangements guarantee the energy never flags, but Lane commands the spotlight from start to finish, galvanizing otherwise innocuous lyrics with wit, sophistication, and sheer lust."
Jason Ankeny -All Music Guide
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!