Personnel: Lluís Coloma (p), Manolo Germán (b), Marc Ruiz (d)
Reference: SA 028
Bar code: 8427328450287
In more than 15 years of performing, the Lluís Coloma trio has only released two recordings: Remember was Lluís' first as a leader, recorded in 2001, and 7 Nights at Central, from a week of live concerts at Café Central in Madrid in 2006. Now they are back with a new studio album that conveys their strength, subtlety and skill as a group, with a raw sound, but with depth and feeling.
Lluís Coloma’s virtuosity, Marc Ruiz’s groove, and the contagious joy of Manolo Germán's bass playing lead us down the paths of Blues and Boogie Woogie, with unexpected tributes and a bold incursions into other styles. Essential.
01. Boogie Wins Again (Lluís Coloma) 3:21
02. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (Bob Dylan) 3:46
03. Lux’s Boogie #2 (Meade Lux Lewis) 5:25
04. Flamenco Boogie (Lluís Coloma) 5:08
05. In My Life (Lennon-McCartney) 3:38
06. Miri’s Mistery Boogie (Lluís Coloma) 3:46
07. Yaya’s Song (Lluís Coloma) 5:35
08. Dizzy Fingers (Zez Confrey) 2:21
09. Billie Jean (Michael Jackson) 3:53
10. Memories (Lluís Coloma) 3:40
11. Chicago Breakdown (Merriweather) 5:02
12. Taboo (Ernesto Lecuona) 5:52
13. Walking in the Dark (Lluís Coloma) 4:49
14. Ocean (Lluís Coloma) 3:55
Lluís Coloma (piano, Hammond B3 organ), Manolo Germán (bass), Marc Ruiz (drums).
Special guests: Mario Cobo (pedal steel guitar on #2), Miguel Ángel Pozo Nieto (guitar & palmas on #4), Roger Blàvia (cajón & palmas on #4), Francisco Simón (guitar on #13).
Recorded at Estudios Oído in Barcelona, October 31 & November 1, 2015
Engineered by Natxo Nogueras
Mixed by Natxo Nogueras & Lluís Coloma at Estudios Oído, January 2016
Mastering by Alvaro Balañá, Impact Mastering Labs
Photography: Noemí Elias
Cover & design by Berto Martinez
Produced by Lluís Coloma
Executive Producer: Jordi Pujol