Lluís Vidal (p), Marcelo Mercadante (bandoneón), Horacio Fumero (b) and Pere Bardagí (violín)
Reference: FSWJ 030
Founded in Barcelona, Araca is a band composed by four argentinian and catalan musicians.
With a deep musical education and a large professional experience, including from ancient music to jazz, they propose us an actual view of tango and argentinian folklore.
Their repertory consist of versions by authors compositions like Astor Piazzolla and of original themes by the quartet members.
They have played in the most important festivals in Spain.
In 1996, they took part in the record of the Orchestra de Cambra Teatre Lliure, managed by the record company Armonia Mundi. This record is dedicated to Astor Piazzollas music, and is arranged by Lluís Vidal.
1. La chacarera de Riguberto (Lluis Vidal) 7:43
2. Tango (Igor Stravinsky) 4:43
3. Decaríssimo (A.Piazzolla) 2:53
4. Isoca's tango (Lluis Vidal) 7:44
5. El Hornero (Horacio Fumero) 8:36
6. Tanguinsky (Mariona Vidal) 4:47
7. Tango català (Joan Albert Amargos) 2:50
8. Paisajes de la memoria (Lluis Vidal) 8:06
9. Rajá turrito rajá (Marcelo Mercadante) 5:55
Recorded at Estudis Moraleda, Barcelona, Spain, 2000.