Sal Salvador (g), Jerry Tyree, Burt Collins, Al Stewart (tp), Ray Starling (mellophone), Pete Vivona, Eddie Bert (tb), Charlie Mariano, Joe Farrell, Nick Brignola (saxes), Dave Frishberg (p), John Beal (b), Steve Little (d), Sheryl Easly (vcl)
Reference: DC 6002
Bar code: 8427328419024
"Swinging big bands are back!-and Sal Salvador's dynamic COLORS IN SOUND aggregation is leading the way. During eighteen months of skull-busting rehearsals, and grueling one night stands, Sal Salvador has welded sixteen fine musical personalities into the most exciting big band in the nation. The twelve selections in this album were chosen from more than 150 tunes which form the band's repertoire. In every sense of the word, this is a real "band", and not a casual collection of sixteen musicians hurriedly assembled for just another recording date. You ain't heard nothin' yet 'til you hear Sal Salvador's big band."
-Tom Wilson (from the original liner-notes)
01. Space Walk (Sal Salvador) 2:34
02. Boato (Joao Roberto Kelly) 3:03
03. On the Street Where You Live (Loewe-Lerner) 3:19
04. The Song Is You (Kern-Hammerstein II) 3:15
05. Shade Three (Larry Wilcox) 2:48
06. All the Things You Are (Kern-Hammerstein II) 3:15
07. Blue March (Benny Golson) 3:00
08. The Old Gnu (Larry Wilcox) 3:31
09. Love You Are Here (Sal Salvador) 3:10
10. Ambulating (Larry Wilcox) 3:13
11. Another Page (Ray Starling) 1:36
12. Colors in Sound (Sal Salvador) 4:52
Originally released as Dauntless LP "You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet!" (DS 6307)
Sal Salvador and His Orchestra
Arrangements by Larry Wilcox
Jerry Tyree, Jerry Kail, Burt Collins, Al Stewart, trumpets; Ray Starling, Dave Moser, mellophone; Roy Wiegand, Pete Vibona or Eddie Bert, trombones; Andy Marsala, alto sax; Charlie Mariano, Joe Farrell, tenor saxes; Nick Brignola, baritone sax; Sal Salvador, guitar; Dave Frishberg, piano; John Beal, bass; Steve Little, drums; Sheryl Easly, vocals (#3,9,11).
Nola Studios, New York City, February 1963
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!