Hod O'Brien (p), Tom Warrington (b), Paul Kreibich (d)
Reference: FSRCD 5036
Bar code: 8427328650366
"The fact that Hod O'Brien has been able to unlock the mistery of Bud Powell's genius, study the results and produce his own interpretation of bebop piano is a mark of his skill and knowledge as a musician. Unfortunately, there are all too few pianists active todays with a total understanding of Bud's music. To a relatively short list which includes Hank Jones, Gene DiNovi, Claude Williamson and Barry Harris we can add the name of Hod O'Brien, a true disciple of bebop and a keyboard master. Just listen to this recording for proof."
-Alun Morgan (Jazz Monthly journalist from 1955 to 1971)
01. Evening in Paris (Victor Feldman) 5:28
02. Drop me off in Harlem (Kenny-Ellington) 5:13
03. The Red Door (Mulligan-Sims) 5:41
04. The Great Lie (Calloway-Gibson) 5:16
05. The Squirrel (Tadd Dameron) 6:15
06. Fine Together (Lars Gullin) 6:13
07. Philly Twist (Kenny Dorham) 5:19
08. Theme for Ernie (Fred Lacey) 5:11
09. Have you Met Miss Jones? (Hart-Rogers) 4:52
10. Old Devil Moon (Harburg-Lane) 5:11
11. I Waited for You (Russell-Gillespie) 5:33
12. Fine and Dandy (James-Swift) 4:25
Total time: 65:05 min.
Hod O'Brien (piano), Tom Warrington (double bass), and Paul Kreibich (drums).
Recorded at Entourage Studios, Hollywood, December 19 & 20, 2000.
Produced by: Dick Bank
Recorded & mixed by Jim Mooney
Second engineer: Ashburn Miller
Mastering engineer: Joe Sidore
Design: Heidi Frieder / ArtHead
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol