This outstanding release features the Tal Farlow trio atits best, in an informal session recorded at the home of jazz enthusiast Ed Fuerst. The exciting pianist Eddie Costa and bassist Vinnie Burke gracefully accompany
Farlows guitar genius on this unique recording. The session includes a nearly 16 minute version of Out of Nowhere that also features vocalist Gene Williams.
The session also boasts excellent versions of standards such as Jordu, Have You Met Miss Jones, All the things you are and Yesterdays. Farlow and Costa are at their best in this recording. Their extraordinary rapport is quite evident, and they can be heard playing some beautiful improvised counterpoint work.
Farlow was at the peak of his career during this period.
Regardless of whether he was playing a tender ballad or a blazing up-tempo tune, his wealth of musical ideas and technical prowess were awe- inspiring. His interaction with Costas fiery and imaginative piano
sound brought out the best in his playing, and many of his best solos were recorded with this group. (Excerpt from the liner notes)
1. Jordu (14:54) (D.jordan)
2. Have You Met Miss Jones (9:45) (Rodgers-Hart)
3. Out Of Nowhere (15:30) (Green/Heyman)
4. Opus De Funk (8:14) (H. Silver)
1. All The Things You Are (9:23) (Hammerstein/Kern)
2. I Remember You (14:14) (Mercer/Schertzinger)
3. Yesterdays (11:16) (Harbach/Kern)
4. Lets Do It (10:43) (C.Porter)