FS ONE 008
84 27328 83008 9
Introducing Mr. Erik Schoster, aka He Can Jog. The music of He Can Jog is one of exploring ideas or ways of perceiving and methods of dealing with the various problems involved in making music and other forms of art.
1. Milwaukee Pinebender (Virginia Is For Lovers And Other Stolen Phrases)
2. Il Est Bien, J'a Fait Un Neuf Pour Vous / TomS Luis De Victoria
3. There's A Bright Blue Sky Outside (With Sebastian Krueger, Separate Objects Mix)
4. Eins og álfur út úr hól
5. Reid Says, But I Am Sure He Is Willing To Modify His Fantastic Views
6. Go On, Temple, Said A Stout Ruddy Student Near Him. I'll Stand You A Pint After.
7. And Diagnosed Cataracts On A Diabetic Timberwolf (Mp3)
8. So Many Words (Remix For Sebastian Krueger Featuring Noah Wark)
9. Michael Frederick Rathbun (Nuevamente Llego El Invierno, Y Es Dificil Regresar Del Sur...)
For this album He Can Jog explored and poked about inside familiar territory that he hadn't confronted in a while (diatonic harmonies, jazz rhythms, etc) and mashing it up with unfamiliar musical ideas and idioms (African rhythms, spectral textures, hip hop, etc). In Eriks own words, He Can Jog is an attempt to work within familiar structures.
In short, the essence of this album is deconstruction, an emptiness of aesthetic (sunyata), multiplicity, and an interest in "zooming in" on recorded sound with amplification and DSP. Wisconsin never sounded as pretty as it does when coming out of Eriks speakers.
More information: www.forkseries.com
He Can Jog: www.hecanjog.com