Charlie Parker (as) with Red Garland (p), Billy Griggs (b), Roy Haynes (d) // Charles Thompson (p), Jimmy Woode (b), Kenny Clarke (d)
Feat. Red Garland, Roy Haynes, Sir Charles Thompson and Kenny Clarke
In 1952 WHDH began broadcasting shows from Storyville every Tuesday night. When Parker arrived at Storyville in March of 1953, it was no surprise that McLellan was there eagerly waiting to broadcast the Sunday matinee show for his WHDH listeners.
1. Moose the Mooche (Parker)
2. I'll Walk Alone (Styne-Cahn)
3. Ornithology (Parker-Harris)
4. Out of Nowhere (Green-Heyman
5. Now's the Time (Parker)
6. Don't Blame Me (Fields-McHugh)
7. Dancing on the Ceiling (Rodgers-Hart)
8. Cool Blues (Parker)
9. Groovin' High (Gillespie)
Tracks #1-4: Charlie Parker (as), Red Garland (p), Billy Griggs (b), Roy Haynes (d). Recorded in Boston, Storyville Club, March 8 or 10, 1953.
Tracks #12-14: Charlie Parker (as), Charles Thompson (p), Jimmy Woode (b), Kenny Clarke (d). Recorded in Boston, Storyville Club, September 22, 1953.