Charlie Palmieri (p), Al 'Guito' Gonzalez (b), Joe Rodríguez (d), Johnny Pacheco (perc)
Reference: BMCD 1619
Bar code: 8427328016193
Before his Charanga Duboney, the pianist Charlie Palmieri formed his jazz quartet in 1954. They played in Chicago, Washington, Boston and New York, and recorded this interesting latin jazz album. Here appears a young Johnny Pacheco as a percussionist. He will later be known as one of the best latin flutist in New York.
01. Cuban Love Song (Storthart-McHugh-Fields) 5:00
02. Take Me in Your Arms (Markush-Parish) 5:19
03. Jeepers Creepers (Warren-Mercer) 3:10
04. Pavanne (Mitchell-Ruff) 3:37
05. I'll Never Be the Same (Kahn-Melnick-Signorelli) 4:56
06. I'll Be Around (Wilder-Murphy) 5:44
07. Perfidia (Domínguez) 3:46
08. Thou Swell (Rodgers-Hart) 3:46
09. You and The Night and The Music (Schwartz-Dietz) 4:46
10. Ponce (Morales) 3:36
Total time: 43:53 min
Originally issued in 12" album as Gone G-5007
Charlie Palmieri (piano); Al 'Guito' Gonzalez (bass); Joe Rodríguez (drums); Johnny Pacheco (conga & bongos).
Recorded in New York, April 1959
Produced for CD reissue by Jordi Pujol
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!