This new release, is an opportunity to listen to some fine exponents of the jazz piano trio as some of Irelands leading talents perform with one of the North Americas great modern improvising musicians.
After two critically acclaimed tours and festival performances, drummer and Composer Kevin Brady continues his collaboration with the innovative pianist Bill Carrothers. Brady has many years of experience playing with some of Irelands most prominent trios including Organics and The Phil Ware Trio.
01. Out Of The Blue (Brady) (5:48)
02. That Russian Thing (Carrothers) (6:30)
03. Home Row (Carrothers) (4:07)
04. Big Mouth (Redmond) (3:04)
05. Waltz Macabre (Carrothers) (6:39)
06. Zeitgeist (Brady-Carrothers-Redmond)(4:31)
07. Church Of The Open Air (Carrothers) (7:11)
08. In The Wheelhouse (Carrothers) (4:25)
09. Black Nile (Shorter) (5:32)
10. Gitchee Gumee (Carrothers) (7:30)
Total time: 49:46 min.
All songs arranged by Kevin Brady, Bill Carrothers & Dave Redmond.
Album recorded and engineered by Dave McCune at the Ventry recording Studios, Balbriggan, Dublin, December 2008.
Mixed and mastered by Thomas Schmidt & Kevin Brady at Schmidt-Ton Studios, Munich, Germany, January 2009.
Produced by Kevin Brady.
"Brady is one of the most dynamic forces in the Irish jazz scene today."
"Bill Carrothers is quite exceptional in this setting, having recorded with many acclaimed trios. Performed and Recorded with luminaries such as Gary Peacock, Billy Higgins, Dave Douglas, Curtis Fuller Carrothers a relentlessly inventive pianist with harmonic sophistication has to be heard to be believed."