Hang 'Em High
His Orchestra and Chorus
"Back in the '50s "background" or "mood music" was the rage. Today, background music has moved to the foreground thanks to the popularity of talented arranger-conductor-composers like Hugo Montenegro. The Montenegro musical credits are most impressive: staff arranger for Andre Kostelanetz, conductor-arranger for Harry Belafonte, important film-scoring assignments ("Hurry Sundown") and extensive TV work ("I Dream of Jeannie," "The Outcasts" and "Here Come the Brides"). With selections like Theme from "Valley of the Dolls," In The Heat of the Night, Theme from "The Fox" and the new hit Hang 'Em High, this Montenegro album runs the gamut from romantic rock through raunchy blues, brassy mariachi and the bright, lyrical western orchestral settings that made THE MUSIC FROM THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY such a smash. Here, then, is more of the Montenegro magicimaginative, modern, entertaining and distinctive." - John Lissner.
1. Hang'Em High
2. Theme from 'The Fox'
3. Theme from 'The Valley Of The Dolls'
4. Wish I Knew (from 'Here come the Brides')
5. Theme for Three (from 'Wait until Dark')
6. There's Got To Be A Better Way (from 'Bandolero!')
7. In The Heat Of The Night
8. Tomorrow's Love (Morir un poco)
9. For The Love Of Ivy
10. My Love (from 'Here come the Brides')
11. Bitter Love (from 'Love on the River')
12. Keystone Kop
Recorded in Hollywood, California 1968.