Bar code: 8436028692330
Includes the complete 1980 Berlin concert and four tracks from the album How Deep, How High as bonus tracks.
On this outstanding edition protagonized by one of the most successful pupils of Lennie Tristano, the first six tracks are from a concert in Berlin by the Warne Marsh Quartet with the tenor saxophonist accompanied by pianist Sal Mosca, bassits Eddie Gomez, and legendary drummer Kenny Clarke.
As bonus tracks, this CD offers two selections from a live concert in 1976 at Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, New York, with a quartet comprising Marsh, Mosca, Sam Jones on bass, and Roy Haynes on drums. And finally two titles recorded in 1979 at Sal Mosca's studio featuring Marsh and Mosca in duo.
01. I like the Angels (Warne Marsh) 11:08
02. Leave Me (Lennie Tristano) 6:15
03. The Family Song (Sal Mosca) 7:44
04. Background Music (Warne Marsh) 9:56
05. April (Lennie Tristano) 9:51
06. And then There's Music (Warne Marsh) 8:25
07. Background Music (Warne Marsh) 8:01 *
08. She's Funny that Way (Whiting-Moret) 8:00 *
09. The Hard Way (Sal Mosca) 4:08 *
10. Noteworthy (Warne Marsh) 4:24 *
Total time: 78:00 min.
(*) Bonus Tracks
Personnel on #1-6:
Warne Marsh (tenor sax), Sal Mosca (piano), Eddie Gomez (bass), Kenny Clarke (drums).
Recorded live at Berlin Philharmonie Auditoriumon, October 30, 1980
Personnel on #7-8:
Warne Marsh (tenor sax), Sal Mosca (piano), Sam Jones (bass), Roy Haynes (drums).
Recorded at Bronxville, New York City, April 25, 1977
Personnel on #9-10:
Warne Marsh (tenor sax), Sal Mosca (piano).
Recorded in Mount Vernon, New York City, May 2, 1977
"This music ranges from introspective to more driving... and Marsh's solos are always intriguing."
Scott Yanow -All Music Guide
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!