Bar code: 8436019583371
Issued on CD for the first time ever, a rare concert performance by Oscar Peterson in his native city of Montreal, in 1965. Peterson was born in Montreal was on August 15, 1925, and this concert took place ten days after his 40th birthday. Bassist Ray Brown and drummer Louis Hayes make up the trio. Petersons previous drummer Ed Thigpen had just quit, and stayed in Copenhagen, so Hayes stepped in as replacement.
With the exception of this set and the 6-minute version of Robins Nest included as a bonus track, the Oscar Peterson Trio with Brown and Hayes would only produce two albums: Blue's Etude (1965) and Reunion Blues (1971), the latter added Milt Jackson on vibes.
Splendid Sound Quality in new and careful 20-Bit Re-Mastering.
01. Reunion Blues (Jackson) (8:29)
02. You Look Good To Me (Lefco-Wells) (7:45)
03. My One And Only Love (Wood-Mellin) (6:09)
04. Hallelujah Time (Peterson) (6:34)
05. Corcovado (Jobim) (4:01)
06. Younger Than Springtime (Rodgers-Hammerstein) (5:46)
07. Satin Doll (Ellington-Strayhorn-Mercer) (8:05)
08. Yours Is My Heart Alone (Lehár) (8:01)
09. The Smudge [Incomplete] (Peterson) (3:08)
10. Robbins Nest (Jacquet-Thompson) (6:17) (*) Bonus Tracl
Total time: 64:20 min.
Tracks #1-9 recorded at Grande Salle, Place des Arts, Montreal, Canada, on August 25, 1965.
Track #10 recorded with the same personnel in Germany, November 1965.
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!