Reference: BMCD 886
Bar code: 8427328008860
· Collector's Edition
· Issued in Digipack
· Original Cover Art and Liner Notes
· Stereo Recordings
· Newly Remastered in 24-Bit
Here’s raw power. Savage beauty. The ruthless new sound of brass, music that projects the relentless strength and vitality of the jungle. That was the innovation revealed by Enoch Light and his Brass Menagerie.
In the technical end of the recording industry Enoch Light (1905-1978) participated in the development of almost every advance which has been achieved, and we believe that the “Brass Menagerie” excitingly presents, for your pleasure, the full exploitation of all the new stereo recording techniques.
The songs in this collection were carefully selected because they lend themselves to the fantastic arranging concepts of Dick Hyman, and allow for virtuoso performances by the great musical stars who play them. This is the Real Brass Story. The whole story, told with an explosive excitement that you’ve never heard before, comes growling, roaring, snapping through the amazing horns of the tempestuous “Brass Menagerie”.
This is the startling new concept that made the first Brass Menagerie album an amazing chart hit in 1969. Not only did it register on all the trade charts but it was chosen as album of the week on hundreds of radio stations.
01. Blowin’ in the Wind (Bob Dylan) 2:20
02. I’m Gonna Make You Love Me (Ross-Gamble-Williams) 2:43
03. My Favorite Things (R.Rodgers-L.Hart) 2:12
04. Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb) 2:50
05. The Fool on the Hill (Lennon-McCartney) 2:54
06. I’ve Gotta Be Me (Walter Marks) 2:22
07. Touch Me (Robby Krieger) 2:29
08. California Dreamin’ (J. & M. Phillips) 3:02
09. Both Sides Now (Joni Mitchell) 2:49
10. Put Your Head on My Shoulder (Paul Anka) 2:44
11. Soulful Strut (Record-Sanders) 3:05
12. Aquarius (MacDermot-Ragni-Rado) 2:33
13. For Once in My Life (Murden-Miller) 3:16
14. Gentle on My Mind (Hartford-Huskey) 3:12
15. Galveston (Jimmy Webb) 2:37
16. You’ve Made Me So Very Happy (Gordy-Holloway-Wilson) 3:46
17. Zazueira (Jorge Ben) 3:22
18. Hair (MacDermot-Ragni-Rado) 3:45
19. Good Morning Starshine (MacDermot-Ragni-Rado) 2:13
20. Season of the Witch (Donovan Leitch) 4:02
21. Hot Pants (James Brown) 3:31
22. I Feel the Earth Move (Carole King) 3:19
23. Theme from “Shaft” (Louis Hayes) 3:03
24. Proud Mary (John C. Fogerty) 2:45
25. MacArthur Park (Jimmy Webb) 6:25
Tracks #1-11, from “Enoch Light & the Brass Menagerie” (Project3 PR-5036SD)
Tracks #12-19, from “Enoch Light & the Brass Menagerie, Vol.2” (Project3 PR-5042SD)
Tracks #20-25, from “The Brass Menagerie 1973” (Project3 PR-5060SD)
ENOCH LIGHT and the BRASS MENAGERIE
The Greatest Sound on Earth! New Shock Wave Arrangements of Hits!
Arrangements by Dick Hyman, Jeff Hest (#20 & 25), and Dick Lieb (#22 & 24)
Recorded in New York City, 1969 (#1-19) and 1971 (#20-25)
Original recordings produced by Enoch Light
Compiled for CD release by Jordi Pujol
Stereo · 24-Bit Digitally Remastered
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!