Complete Quartet Recordings: Guys and Dolls Love Vibes
The legendary 1958 album Guys and Dolls Love Vibes marks Bill Evans & Eddie Costas sole quartet recording, as well as one of the earliest recorded collaborations between Bill Evans and the great Paul Motian.
Also recorded in 1958, the exceptional bonus track Django from the album Legrand Jazz features Evans & Costa backing the great Miles Davis on trumpet on an arrangement by Michel Legrand.
01. Guys and Dolls (F.Loesser) 6:43
02. Adelaide (F.Loesser) 8:30
03. If I Were a Bell (F.Loesser) 5:07
04. Luck Be a Lady (F.Loesser) 6:23
05. I've Never Been in Love Before (F.Loesser) 7:01
06. I'll Know (F.Loesser) 6:08
07. Django (J.Lewis) 4:15
Personnel and dates:
#1-6: Eddie Costa (vib), Bill Evans (p), Wendell Marshall (b), Paul Motian (d). Recorded in NYC, January 15-17, 1958
#7: Eddie Costa (vib), Bill Evans (p), Barry Galbraith (g), Betty Glamann (harp), Paul Chambers (b), Kenny Dennis (d), Miles Davis (tp), Michel Legrand (arr,cond). Recorded in NYC, June 25, 1958.