Walter Wanderley (Hammond organd & piano), accompanied with rhythm & vocals
Reference: BMCD 861
Bar code: 8427328008617
· Collectors Edition
· Issued in Digipack
· 2 Original LPs on 1 CD
· Original Cover Art and Liner Notes
· Stereo Recordings
· Newly Remastered in 24-Bit
Walter Wanderley's understanding of and digital skill with bossa nova rhythm patterns was enviable, comparable only to Joao Gilbertos genius.
With dozens of phony, unmusical albums of Brazilian jazz and pop music inundating American record shops since bossa nova happily emerged from Brazil in mid-1962, Walter Wanderleys swinging style at the Hammond console epitomized the finest in authentic Brazilian entertainment.
Wanderley began his professional career in his birthplace, Recife. At 26, in 1958 he left the northern city to seek fame in São Paulo, and immediately became active as an organist in nightclubs. In the early '60s he was immersed in the emerging bossa nova field, and gained notoriety with his group, Walter Wanderley e Seu Conjunto, which made him a top-selling recording favorite not only in South America, but also in North America, so much so that organists throughout Mexico, Central America and South America were frantically imitating him. In Brazil, they say it like this: Voce gosta de samba? / Com quem? / Com Walter Wanderley / Com ele eu gosto!
01. O Samba Brasileiro (Claribalte Passos) 2:41
02. O Barquinho (Menescal-Bôscoli) 1:56
03. Murmurio (Ferreira-Antonio) 2:35
04. Nossos Momentos (Barbosa-Reis) 2:53
05. Chora Coração (Guilherme) 2:04
06. Chorou, Chorou (Luiz Antonio) 2:55
07. Palhaçada (Barbosa-Reis) 2:43
08. Água de Beber (Jobim-De Moraes) 2:13
09. Não Sabemos (Rubens Caruso) 2:37
10. Boato (Joao Roberto Kelly) 2:50
11. Poema do Adeus (Luiz Antonio) 2:45
12. Mulher de Trinta (Luiz Antonio) 3:01
13. Labareda (De Moraes-Powell) 2:36
14. Você e Eu (Lyra-De Moraes) 2:11
15. Volto Já (Cavalcanti-Falçao) 3:27
16. Eu Não Tenho Onde Morar (Caymmi) 2:13
17. Deixa Andar (Jujuba) 2:20
18. Eu e o Rio (Luiz Antonio) 3:08
19. A Mesma Rosa Amarela (Capiba-Filho) 3:12
20. Corcovado (Antonio Carlos Jobim) 2:07
21. Só Vou de Mulher (Barbosa-Reis) 2:26
22. Que Sabe Você de Mim (Britinho-Cesar) 2:13
23. A Néga Se Vingou (Venâncio-Costa) 2:44
24. A Poema da Vida (Brumatti-Roberto) 2:18
Total time: 61:00 min. approx.
Tracks #1-12, from the Odeon album "Samba É Samba" (MOFB 3248 - Brazil)
Tracks #13-24, from the Odeon album "O Samba É Mais Samba" (MOFB 3285 - Brazil) Also issued on Capitol as "Brazilian Organ" (ST 1856 - U.S.A.)
Walter Wanderley, plays Hammond organd & piano, accompanied with rhythm & vocals.
All tracks recorded in Rio de Janeiro, 1962
Produced for CD release: Jordi Pujol
Stereo · 24-Bit Digitally Remastered
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!