Reference: ST 2007
Bar code: 8427328449076
01. Let's Groove (Stanley Turrentine) 6:00
02. Sheri (Stanley Turrentine) 4:46
03. Stolen Sweets (Wild Bill Davis) 5:17
04. Mild is the Mood (Stanley Turrentine) 4:57
05. Minor Mood (Clifford Brown) 5:07
06. Time after Time (Styne-Cahn) 3:15
07. My Girl is Just Enough Woman for Me
(Stanley Turrentine) 4:40
Total time: 35:00 min. approx.
These recordings were originally issued
on LP by Time Records as S/2086 (stereo)
Stanley Turrentine (tenor sax), Sonny Clark (piano on #2,4 & 7), Tommy Flanagan (piano on #1 & 3), George Duvivier (bass), and Max Roach (drums).
Recorded in New York City, in January 1960
Album design: Murray Stein
Cover painting: Mino Ceretti
Original session supervised by Bob Shad
This CD release produced by Jordi Pujol
"This first album as a leader by Stanley Turrentine was done in a relaxed, crisp, swinging style. Stan had the assistance of George Duvivier, whose bass is a foundation that makes any group feel secure; Max Roach on drums, whose taste is impeccable and always constructive. The piano was equally divided among the old reliable Tommy Flanagan and Sonny Clark, whose swinging piano has caused many a musician to sit up and take notice. Listening to Stanley Turrentine you realize his inspiration and early schooling goes back to Coleman Hawkins era. But Stans style is unique."