Spike Wilner (p), Ian Hendrickson (as, fl), Yves Brouqui (g), Paul Gill (b), Joe Strasser (d)
Bar code: 8427328421874
1. How Am I to Know?* (King-Parker) 7:33
2. Hopscotch (Wilner) 8:09
3. A Gypsy Without a Song (Tizol-Ellington) 8:17
4. Brown Penny* (Strayhorn-Ellington) 5:20
5. The Intimacy of the Blues (Strayhorn-Ellington) 10:16
6. If You Are But a Dream* (Fulton-Jaffe-Bonx) 5:32
7. A Blues of Many Colors (Wilner) 11:23
8. Go Ask Ellis (Wilner) 8:04
9. A Blues for Another Day* (Wilner) 8:12
* just trio.
Recorded Live at Smalls, NYC, November 2002 and January 2003.
"Enjoyable album, four cuts with just piano trio, the rest with sax and guitar added, fleshing out a well-rounded group. Mainstream, runs both bop and swing depending on the material. (Hendrickson Smith is more of a swing/mainstream player; Wilner tends more to bop. Not an important album/group, but probably a low honorable mention. B+."
- Tom Hull, Village Voice.