Pere Ferré (p), Horacio Fumero (b), Peer Wyboris (d)
Reference: SA 003
Bar code: 8427328450034
Like the other pianists of his generation, Pere Ferré grew up under the shadow of the great Tete Montoliu he substitued in 1955 in a quartet. Some times later, he was the first pianist to perform regularly at the Jamboree Club, taking part in the few recordings made at the time and accompanied jazz musicians such as Don Byas, Chuck Israels and Arnold Wise, among others. In the '60s, he became the house pianist of the Jazz-Cava in Terrassa, playing alongside such jazz greats as Earl Warren, Guy Laffite, Pony Poindexter and Bill Coleman. In the old Cova del Drac, he accompanied soloists like Joe Newman, Kai Winding, Harry Edison and Al Grey.
In this Cd, he is accompanied by two musicians who for years were members of the magnificient Tete Montoliu Trio. Ferré finds the right cmplement to show that, as ever, he is still one of the most interesting pianists of the country.
01. I Love You (Archer-Thompson) 5:38
02. Darn That Dream (Van Heusen-DeLange) 5:22
03. I Should Care (Weston-Stordhal-Cahn) 5:42
04. Secret Love (Fain-Webster) 7:11
05. Honeysuckle Rose (Waller-Razaf) 4:03
06. I Can't Get Started (Duke-Gershwin) 6:09
07. Out of Nowhere (Green-Heyman) 5:03
08. Lover Man (Davis-Ramirez-Sherman) 5:06
09. Speak Low (Weill-Nash) 6:12
10. Moonglow (Hudson-DeLange-Mills) 4:34
11. All of You (Porter) 5:17
12. It Had To Be You (Jones-Kahn) 4:26
Pere Ferré (p); Horacio Fumero (b); Peer Wyboris (d).
Recorded at Estudi Moraleda, Barcelona, July 22 & 23, 2001
Sound engineer: Jordi Vidal
Mastering: Sergi Riera
Photography: Natalia Cedrés
Produced by Pere Farré & Horacio Fumero
Executive producer: Jordi Pujol