Bassist Nicolas Moreaux, familiar to Paris and Barcelona scenes has chosen a mixed team from both cities to record his compositions. He has frequently performed with Albert Sanz while living in Spain, in Perico Sambeat and Karl Jannuska' respective bands. He is also a member of Pierre Perchaud's quartet.
As the music expresses here poetic intuition, groove, spontaneity, humour, alternating energic and meditative moods, it also features a band with a great collective-connected spirit. Beat like beatitude.
01. Introduction (Moreaux) (0:38)
02. Spontaneous Mind (Moreaux) (6:57)
03. Rob Stillmans Strange Zoo (Moreaux) (5:26)
04. Subway (Moreaux) (0:16)
05. Beatnick (Moreaux) (5:24)
06. Portrait (Moreaux) (8:38)
07. Whispering (Moreaux) (6:26)
08. Universal Memory (Moreaux) (11:04)
Total time: 45:04 min.
Personnel: Perico Sambeat (as), Pierre Perchaud (g), Albert Sanz (p), Nicolas Moreaux (b) and Karl Jannuska (d).
Recorded at Studio Val DOrge, in Epinay sur Orge, France.
Live mix on two tracks analog tape recorder by Jean Taxis, on April 15, 2008.
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!