Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell, Donald O'Connor, Mitzi Gaynor, Frankie Vaughan, Dean Martin (vcl)
Reference: BMCD 4102_2
Bar code: 8427328041027
More has been written about Marilyn Monroe, both during her lifetime and since, than any other figure in movie history. Marilyn fascinated the world while she was alivemore than any other star since Garbo, to whom she was sometimes compared. Monroe was pure cinema. Her musicals and singing are some of the highlights of the history of cinema and here we present a special edition, double CD, with all those special moments. From "Ladies of the Chorus" (1949) - the first film featured on the CD, through to "Something's Got to Give" (1962) - the uncompleted film with Dean Martin and Phil Silvers, Marilyn shines here on each and every track, reminding us how special she really was.
Ladies of the Chorus (1949)
01. Ladies of the Chorus
02. Anyone can see I love you (1st version)
03. Anyone can see I love you (2nd version)
04. Every Baby Needs a Da Da Daddy
05. Do It Again (1953) (Previously unreleased recording)
06. Kiss (Soundtrack version)
07. Kiss (Commercial recording)
08. She Acts Like a Woman Should (1953) (Previously unreleased recording)
09. A Fine Romance (1953) (Previously unreleased recording)
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)
10. Two Little Girls from Little Rock (With Jane Russell)
11. When Love Goes Wrong (With Jane Russell)
12. Bye Bye Baby
13. Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
14. You'd be surprised (1954)
The River of No Return (1954)
15. One Silver Dollar
16. I'm Gonna Find My Claim
17. The River of No Return
18. Down in the Meadow (Complete studio recording)
There's No Business Like Show Business (1954)
19. After You Get What You Want, You Dont Want It
20. Heat Wave
21. A Man Chases A Girl (With Donald O'Connor)
22. Lazy (Complete version with Donald O'Connor & Mitzi Gaynor)
23. Finale (With complete cast)
The Seven Year Itch (1955)
01. Rachmaninov & Chopsticks
Bus Stop (1956)
02. That Old Black Magic
The Prince and the Showgirl (1957)
03. I Found Dream (Plus dialogue with Lawrence Olivier)
Some Like It Hot (1959)
04. Some Like It Hot
05. Runnin' Wild
06. I Wanna Be Loved by You
07. I'm Thru with You
Let's Make Love (1960)
08. Lets Make Love (With Frankie Vaughan)
09. Incurably Romantic (With Yves Montand & Frankie Vaughan)
10. Specialization (With Frankie Vaughan)
11. My Heart Belongs to Daddy
12. The Edger Bergen (1952) On "The Charlie McCarthy Show"
13. Marilyn's TV debut (1953) Bye Bye Baby in "The Jack Benny Show"
14. Marilyn in Korea (1954) "Diamonds are a Girl's best friend"
15. Love Happy (1949) Scene with Private Eye Groucho Marx
16. Royal Triton TV Commercial for Union Oil Co. (1950)
17. Comments on Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hay!
18. Marilyn accepts 1952 Photoplay Award
(From Lauren Bacall for Most Promising Actress)
19. Marilyn meets the press (1956) After returning to Hollywood for "Bus Stop"
20. Something's Got to Give (1962)
Scenes from uncompleted film with Dean Martin, Phil Silvers and Wally Cox
21. JFK Birthday Party in Madison Square Garden (1962)
Marilyn sings "Happy Birthday" and special lyrics to "Thanks for the Memories"
CD 1, tracks #15-23 first time in Stereo
CD 2, tracks #1,2,5-11 first time Stereo
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!