01. Night And Day (Porter) 4:10
02. Angel Eyes (Dennis-Brent) 4:04
03. Lou's Blues (Levy) 3:44
04. Yesterdays (Kern-Earbach) 6:17
05. Apartment 17 (Levy) 3:24
06. How About You (Freed-Lane) 3:32
07. Baubles, Bangles And Beads (Wright-Forrest) 4:14
08. Woody'N Lou (Levy) 2:59
09. We'll Be Together (Lains-Fisher) 4:31
10. I'll Remember April (Raye-DePaul-Johnston) 5:12
Total time: 42:29 min.
Originally released on RCA Victor LPM 1491
Lou Levy (piano), Max Bennett (bass), Stan Levey (drums).
Recorded in Los Angeles, January 2 & 26, 1957
Session supervised by Shorty Rogers
Liner notes by Lou Levy
"This early effort by pianist Lou Levy (28 at the time) finds him playing superior bop interpretations of seven standards and three straight-ahead originals. Levy is teamed on the Los Angeles dates with bassist Max Bennett and drummer Stan Levey. Last available as a French RCA LP in 1983, the music is an excellent example of the modern mainstream of the period and still sounds quite stimulating and swinging."
Scott Yanow -All Music Guide
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!