Reference: VJ 008 CD
Bar code: 8427328410083
01. Expoobident (Higgins) 4:57
02. Easy Living (Robbin-Rainger) 5:57
03. Triple Track (Morgan) 4:57
04. Fire (Shorter) 4:48
05. Just In Time (Novak) 3:30
06. The Hearing (Jordan) 3:33
07. Lost And Found (Jordan) 3:31
08. Expoodident (Alternate Take) 5:04*
09. Triple Track (Alternate Take) 5:09*
10. Fire (Alternate Take) 5:06*
11. Just In Time (Alternate Take) 5:44*
Tracks #1-7, from the original album
"Expoobident" (Vee Jay SR 3015)
(*) Bonus tracks not on the original album
Personnel in all tracks:
Lee Morgan (tp), Clifford Jordan (ts), Eddie Higgins (p), Art Davis (b), and Art Blakey (d).
Recorded at Universal Recorders, Chicago, IL, on October 14, 1960
24-Bit · High Resolution Remastering
"This fine reissue includes four previously released alternate takes from the seven tracks, each of which features a strong hard bop quintet, with Art Blakey on drums, Eddie Higgins on piano, Art Davis on bass, and Clifford Jordan on tenor saxophone.
The set is a tad more laid-back than the earlier classic Blue Note sessions. Nonetheless, this one offers its rewards, including a rare chance to hear Eddie Higgins in full force, a late view of Blakey as a sideman, and a stunning front line with unsung giant, Clifford Jordan. Morgan is in good form, swinging and blowing passionately, and his interpretations of "Easy Living" and "Just in Time" are among his best. The CD release retains the original liner notes by Nat Hentoff, as well as the attractive artwork on the LP issue."
Steven Loewy -All Music Guide