In A Sentimental Groove (Special Edition 200gr. HQ Vinyl)
When Ignasi Terraza Trio's In A Sentimental Groove was released on CD in 2006, it became a huge hit among the Japanese jazz fans who love high-quality piano trio music. The Spanish -- or Catalonian to be more precise -- pianist's break-out album captured their imagination with an attractive mix of traditional melodies, jazz standards and original compositions, played in a straight-ahead, no-frills, honest style. The sound quality of the recording was highly praised as well.
Now, the people at DIW Records have released this celebrated album as a great-sounding vinyl record. Pressed on a super-heavy 200-gram vinyl, this limited-edition record sounds even better than the CD! This is a great piano trio album: straight-ahead jazz with a Spanish twist. A solid recommendation for fans of piano jazz and audiophiles!
01. El Cant Dels Ocells (Traditional) 4:05
02. An Emotional Dance (Terraza) 3:37
03. La Filadora (Traditional) 3:17
04. When Your Lover Has Gone (Swan) 4:54
05. Everything Happens To Me (Dennis-Adair) 6:44
06. Cançó No.6 (Mompou) 4:40
07. Isn't It Romantic? (Hart-Rodgers) 6:29
08. Rain Falling, No Cab (Terraza-Boussaguet) 5:09
09. El Desembre Congelat (Traditional) 5:39
10. Mean To Me (Ahlert-Turk) 3:02
11. Peace Prayer [Clamors de Pau] (Terraza) 5:16
Total time: 53:00 min.
Ignasi Terraza (piano), Pierre Boussaguet (bass),
and Jean-Pierre Derouard (drums).
Recorded by Albert Moraleda Studio at La Garriga, Barcelona, in September 26 & 27, 2005.
Recording Engineer: Albert Moraleda.
Mastered by Pep Roig at Estudi Temps Records, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain.
Produced by Ignasi Terraza.
This limited-edition, 200-gram LP released by DIW Records in Japan, July 2009.